Time Trial PB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Fecking garmin won't record speed now on the turbo!
Get a 1000 mate :unsure:

Doesn't sound too pleasant!

It was my own mistake so easier to digest. I was 15s up on the pb up for the first 7miles but started to fade, after another mile it had fallen to 11sec up at 8miles.
I then an unbelievably bad penultimate mile, which had me 14secs down. Tried to recover it too much in the last few hundred metres and experienced a front wheel wobble. Tried to recover it a few times but eventually ran out of tarmac and put it down :-/ Thanks everybody for the concern; after a few showers it's cleaned up nicely and I can clearly see a lot of road rash but no bumps or bruises. Net result I was 10secs down on a pb. Mind me not to sprint in the tt bars.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
It was my own mistake so easier to digest. I was 15s up on the pb up for the first 7miles but started to fade, after another mile it had fallen to 11sec up at 8miles.
I then an unbelievably bad penultimate mile, which had me 14secs down. Tried to recover it too much in the last few hundred metres and experienced a front wheel wobble. Tried to recover it a few times but eventually ran out of tarmac and put it down :-/ Thanks everybody for the concern; after a few showers it's cleaned up nicely and I can clearly see a lot of road rash but no bumps or bruises. Net result I was 10secs down on a pb. Mind me not to sprint in the tt bars.
Sorry to hear that.
On the TT that I punctured I think there were 4 DNF's through punctures, one of which lost control and crashed heavily on a fast twisty section. He is ok though battered and bruised, cracked his Dolan scala frame though, he's already replaced it, they've done him a half price deal on a new frame.
Just shows how easily it is to get all pear shaped when you're on the limit and fatigued.

Sorry to hear that.
On the TT that I punctured I think there were 4 DNF's through punctures, one of which lost control and crashed heavily on a fast twisty section. He is ok though battered and bruised, cracked his Dolan scala frame though, he's already replaced it, they've done him a half price deal on a new frame.
Just shows how easily it is to get all pear shaped when you're on the limit and fatigued.
Yikes now that is nasty, glad he's ok; I've just lost skin.
A wee bit OT a mate of mine up north p'tured on a 25miles TT and lost it by 3secs :eek:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
PB on a 50 today by 2:14 . Ive missed the last few TT's i had booked due to colds and infections but hopefully back on track now :okay:

zigzag

Veteran
greetings folks! the only tt i've done so far was a winter 10, on an inappropriate bike in 29:10. however i've signed up for a 24hr tt in merseyside and just about finishing putting together a tt bike (halfords carrera, ahem).
currently my challenges are: nutrition/hydration, pacing, staying in an aero position for a long time, organising a support for the day (where do i start? :smile:). so far i've received some great advice from frank9755, but further thoughts and insights are very welcome and appreciated!

p.s. i've ridden many long audaxes in the past few years, therefore endurance is not an issue - the main objective of this 24hr tt is to ride it in the most efficient way without making many mistakes and getting the highest mileage for my current level of fitness.:hello:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
image.jpeg

Top Bottom