Time Trial PB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Have you gone lower ?
No mate, if anything I still think i look a bit like I'm too far over the front of the bike, it's just the way I seem to end up when I'm trying.

Sharky

Guru
Not a PB, but worth a mention -

First ever 25 - 9/4/67 - 1:10:43
Today's 25 - 10/7/16 - 1:10:40

Although similar times, the first was on a wet & cold day on the East Lancs Road and the winner's time 1:3:17. I was riding the "Bates" on my avatar picture with 26" HP's and steel chain set.
Today's course Q25/8 has a bit of a gift start and the winner's time was 0:50:05 (course record). I was riding 50x15 fixed with tri-bars. Amazing winner's time. In 1967, I think comp record was still only a 53 (Baz Breedon?) and now times like this in a local open club TT.

Have been quicker in between, but don't often ride 25's now. This was a 7yr best so quite pleased.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
image.jpeg

Walk of shame, punctured again on warm up for tonight's 13 mile hilly TT.
Think I'm done with wasting my time.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Have you not got pitstop in the tubs ?
Yep, didn't do a shoots worth of good, sidewall again, the roads round here are so crappy with loads of stones floating about, I think tubs are are just not strong enough (well the ones I use anyway). Any recommendations for tougher tubs?
This was in the warm up and was following 3 other riders not one of which gave me a shout to warn of stones.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Yep, didn't do a shoots worth of good, sidewall again, the roads round here are so crappy with loads of stones floating about, I think tubs are are just not strong enough (well the ones I use anyway). Any recommendations for tougher tubs?
This was in the warm up and was following 3 other riders not one of which gave me a shout to warn of stones.
I use these . http://cycletechreview.com/2012/reviews/schwalbe-ultremo-ht-review/
I'll let you hunt around for the price though :eek:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Club championship 10 tonight, new rear tub fitted, a more heavier "training" tub which I'm hoping is a stronger construction!
23.55 pb on this course by 34 seconds and 6th out of 18 club riders, winner was 22.33. My overall pb on a 10 by 24 seconds.
Probably no trophies though as there were loads of good pb's tonight (there's fastest, handicap and vets).
Pretty pleased with a good pb as I've not had the most consistent season - missing quite a few of our club TT's and puncturing on two and not entered any opens since early spring. ^_^

Last edited:
Top Bottom