Time Trial PB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Not sure why you would do this on a 10. Your HR should be nailed to the red line for pretty much the whole distance. In fact, as others have said, just don't even look at it, as it is a poor guide to high effort anyway.
Yes lots of people have said that to me but the people doing 10's in 18 -19 minutes dont go into the red .
Ive been more interested in 25's this season so only really taken the thinking into the tens a few times . Got a PB though .

huwsparky

Über Member
Yes lots of people have said that to me but the people doing 10's in 18 -19 minutes dont go into the red .
Mate, they have a different physiology to you, don't even look at it. Believe me they are getting more or of themselves than you are and have the ability to go deeper than you do.

So by your logic they aren't trying as hard as they could? Have I got that right?

S-Express

Yes lots of people have said that to me but the people doing 10's in 18 -19 minutes dont go into the red
They don't. But they are right on the limit of aerobic threshold - which is where you should be. The phrases 'trying to keep your HR low' and 'hitting aerobic threshold' are not really compatible.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Mate, they have a different physiology to you, don't even look at it. Believe me they are getting more or of themselves than you are and have the ability to go deeper than you do.

So by your logic they aren't trying as hard as they could? Have I got that right?
No they are giving it everything but not the way i do . If i give it everything im farked after 1 mile if i can last that long . Why would i ignore what im seeing from people i have raced with and seems to be working for me over 50 , 25 and 10 mile open time trials ?

iggibizzle

Had a go at the Millnthorpe 15 mile up in Cumbria. Not really hilly but quite rolling and twisty . About 600ft climbing. Horrible conditions. Wet and cold. Probably lost a couple mins with not being able to go quick on the bends. 45.27. 19.9mph. Wanted to do 45mins at most but I'm not too disappointed in that weather!!

Last edited:

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
4 seconds off a PB at Hillingdon 10 last night :cursing:

I was exactly 4s off my best, too. And I think conditions were pretty much perfect when I got that time last year, and a bit windy last night.

I might think about doing some training over the winter :biggrin:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I was exactly 4s off my best, too. And I think conditions were pretty much perfect when I got that time last year, and a bit windy last night.

I might think about doing some training over the winter :biggrin:
Yes , mine was last year probably on the same night . You tend to remember a nice night at Hillingdon more than you do a PB :wacko:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
27:06 today on the HCC178 open .
Not a great time but not a fast course so i'm told . Also swapped the rear disk for a 90mm rim just to see what happens . A throw away race really .
I took the bike out again in the afternoon for a normal training loop and although held up by traffic ( lost cab drivers ) it went well .

Top Bottom