Time Trial PB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I managed to equal my 10 pb (23.40) on Saturday. My previous pb was set on a dual carriageway drag strip and this was set on the more undulating B10/37R at Tottenhill, near Kings Lynn, so I think it trumps it. There is room for improvement though I had a poor clip in, paced on feel (my computer is too close to my face now and I'm old :laugh:) and had no time for a decent recce and warm up after being stuck in several traffic jams with everyone going to the coast good job I had plenty of safety time.

rivers

How far can I go?
I set an open PB yesterday- 26:46. Still slower than Castle Combe, but quick enough for a first place tie for the women. I'll take it.

Official times are not up yet but I pb'd a sporting 15milers today (its actually just over 15.1miles 😄). I pretty confident that I PB'd as the Garmin says it was circa 3minutes faster than my last attempt. Being conservative its somewhere near a 36m50s. Edit OTs are in and I was 16th with a 36m48s
The last attempt though was in the middle of chemo though and with a broken shifter 😄
IMG_20210612_182541_685.jpg

IMG_20210612_182541_700.jpg

John Archibald done the course in a 28.41 😯

Last edited:
A course PB for me on the F15/10 at Brogborough by circa 9secs on my 2017 time before penalty (54s on my official 2016 non penalised time). A 24:09 last night. I would have liked to break the 25mph barrier again but there was just too many roundabouts :laugh: The first one is a tight new one which saps your speed. Got to the main roundabout just after a circulating HGV (he actually slowed down and waived me on by which time I had slowed down though. Got to the turn roundabout and had to wait for a queue of circulating cars. Got back to the main roundabout and again had to ease off for circulating cars. You guessed it when I got back to the tight geometry new roundabout a car was crawling round it and I had to trackstand again :laugh:

Landsurfer

Veteran
Oh dear .... Once upon a time on a planet far away ....
10 mile TT Briton Ferry ... 26.43 1980
25 mile TT R25/7 Usk ...59.28 1981
50 mile TT Hirwaun (hilly) 2.28.13 1981
20 years of TT and all my best times in the first 3 years ... the joy of youth ...^_^

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Huge PB today at the national 100. 5:04 for a 36 minute PB. Didn't hit my goal of going under 5 hours, but I can't complain. I will for sure next year.

Nice one... :okay:

Saw some images on FB earlier of some of the FTP team riders starting off...

Huge PB today at the national 100. 5:04 for a 36 minute PB. Didn't hit my goal of going under 5 hours, but I can't complain. I will for sure next year.
Nice one 👍 The air up here was muggy and slow, if Bristol was anything like here you'll smash it another time :okay:

mattobrien

Guru
I managed a 52:34 on the B25/50 25 mile course today, I hadnt ridden that course since 2018 and PB‘d by exactly 2 minutes. Not to be outshone, Mrs O rode her first 25 on it today and beat the course record by a minute, picking up first woman too.

I actually tried the local 10 miles TT route a couple of weeks ago in one of triathlon workouts.

Did 29:48 and I'm OK with it because:
  • I did it on a road bike with no clip on aerobars
  • I was doing a Zone 3 workout so was pushing but not that much
  • I had to stop at a zebra crossing so I lost at least 30 seconds
  • The route is so bad for a time trial: 1 zebra crossing, 1 stop and 4 roundabouts (2 of which you need to go almost all the way around)
Still, though, despite the route being so bad, the strava KOM record is 19:49 (I guess he rode at night :laugh:)

Can wait to try it again with my TT bike

I actually tried the local 10 miles TT route a couple of weeks ago in one of triathlon workouts.

Did 29:48 and I'm OK with it because:
  • I did it on a road bike with no clip on aerobars
  • I was doing a Zone 3 workout so was pushing but not that much
  • I had to stop at a zebra crossing so I lost at least 30 seconds
  • The route is so bad for a time trial: 1 zebra crossing, 1 stop and 4 roundabouts (2 of which you need to go almost all the way around)
Still, though, despite the route being so bad, the strava KOM record is 19:49 (I guess he rode at night :laugh:)

Can wait to try it again with my TT bike
Anything under 30mins is great 👍

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak