Tiny Tour-i'm back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Awesome-what more can i say.I would only bore you with the details.

First a plug for the best little (actually not so little) B&B in Bridlington.

Marshall Lodge- 14 Marshall Avenue.Brilliant breakfast kept us going nearly allday.Super place.Can recommend.5 mins from harbour,2 mins from shopping area.And easy to find opp Boyes Dept store.Give them a try.

Best three days on a bike ever.

Scenery blew my socks off.And to see my mate after 25 years and that was only a quick hello then.Nearly 40 in real terms.Spent two hours with him and his wife.Lives in one of those postcard villages Welford nr Atwick pronounced Attic.As i was told in the Post Office when i went to enquire where it was.

Couple of misshaps on way out.Somehow got to Fulford golf club instead of Stamford Bridge and got to the bottom of Garroby Hill-big mistake.Walked up it.
Still buzzing.Thanks to all who wished me luck.

Oh no photos damn phone battery died on me.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
postman said:
Best three days on a bike ever.

I felt like that after my first three day tour - C2C

postman said:
Couple of misshaps on way out.Somehow got to Fulford golf club instead of Stamford Bridge and got to the bottom of Garroby Hill-big mistake.Walked up it.

I know how you must have felt on Garrowby Hill. It's intimidating. I think my head gave way rather than my legs but it still resulted in a push. The view from the top is wonderful though.

So when/where is your next tour? :blush:

Still buzzing.Thanks to all who wished me luck.

Oh no photos damn phone battery died on me.[/quote]

asterix

Comrade Member
Yes. it's best to cycle in a downwards direction when you reach Garrowby Hill.

Glad you enjoyed your tour, the Wolds are excellent cycling territory if you don't mind the hills, with very little traffic off the main roads.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
I am still buzzing.Even talked about it at church yesterday.When i was interviewed about another matter during the service.

The roads were just brill.Coming away from Brid towards Sledmere House is just awesome. And i did not find the panniers a bit of trouble.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Oh - Oh ! :smile:

I'm getting the bug now ...... :laugh:

Sounds great and well done :wahhey:

:hyper: :hyper: ??

... and a start for your planned LEJoG ??

Top Bottom