Tips, ideas. Encouragement !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After my well documented trials and tribulations on here a couple of years ago, I now find myself in a loving relationship with marriage not too far away (swore I'd never do it again)

But with all the contentment my home life is bringing me I seem to have grown a few inches (round the waist!!)

Last year I only rode out 3 times, and this year I've only been once. I just can't seem to find any motivation, although the fact I've put 2 stone on should be motivation in itself. My mostly used excuse is ....I used to live in the countryside so from the first peddle a ride was enjoyable. Now I live in the city and find no enjoyment at all battling with cars for a space on the road. But as I say this is an excuse as it only takes 10 minutes to put my bike in the car and drive out to some lovely open countryside.

So please find the words to motivate me, or failing that come and kick me up the a..e and drag me out:laugh:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Just do it. You know you want to or you wouldn't be on here chatting with us.
Stick your bike in the car, go somewhere pretty and then just ride it to a nice cake place, then ride back.

I have non-motivated days. I found a bike buddy. He's pretty darn motivating. Does your lady cycle? Maybe you could go off for a pootle together.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You need to find a cycling buddy or join a club. That will give you motivation.

Jody

Stubborn git
Can't help on the motivation but really pleased things have turned around for you :thumbsup:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
If you cant get the inspiration to get out the door in the week you could get a turbo trainer and join group rides in the week, get your fitness back and disappear to the countryside on a weekend. There are plenty of people using zwift and bkool on here with all the banter that goes with it.

Top Bottom