Tired of shoddy workmanship

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Most contractors still talk imperial quite happily, and most bulk materials are sold in sizes that correspond to imeprial measures.

Imperial was around long before Metric, and will be arpund long after Operation Yewtree catches up eith Monsieur Metric and his work is completely discredited by association.

[Obtuse, dense, and SNP supporting readers please note - this last paragraph was a joke. Thank you.]
Most contractors still think in 8 by 4.

Drago

Legendary Member
Indeed, and they all get delivered on a standard 48 x 40 inch pallet from a 20 x 8 x 8 1/2 foot shipping container...

Imperial is everywhere. It wont be going away, and contractors will continue to use it because theyll have no choice if they eant to be able to buy or build anyrhing.

I had to check that I haven't had an extra long sleep and today was 1st April^_^.
A shed, and you're worrying about it not being bang on size, it's a shed not a precision item. It's made from natural materials and can shrink or expand even if it arrived spot on size.
I'd be angry if it was a door or a cupboard that didn't match the stated size but on a shed ? Not unless it 1 or 2 inches out.
I bet you're a bugger to work for.:laugh:
I get angry but more about the poor finish of bike parts. Rust appearing on components only weeks after putting them on the bike. Don't manufacturers know bikes are used outdoors.:wacko:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Indeed, and they all get delivered on a standard 48 x 40 inch pallet from a 20 x 8 x 8 1/2 foot shipping container...

Imperial is everywhere. It wont be going away, and contractors will continue to use it because theyll have no choice if they eant to be able to buy or build anyrhing.
Yet when I had the Woodburner installed I decided I'd buy a big chunk of Oak to act as a Mantlepiece, so I measured the chimney breast. bang on 1200mm, thing is the house was built in 1950/51. :wacko:

Top Bottom