Tissington Trail. Beautiful ride out, and very trike friendly.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did a nice "out and return" on the Tissington Trail on Monday 8th October (ignore date stamp on video) for about 30 miles total. Met up with friends at the top, then had a lovely, mainly descending, trog back. Beautiful trail, with a few cafes and toilets nicely spread along the route. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Bad Machine

In the garage .....
Wholly agree, it's a great ride out for a trike; my wife and I rode it on the ICE Adventure and a mountain bike, three weeks ago, but started out at Hartington, went up to Parsley Hay where it meets up with the High Peak Trail, then retraced our tracks and rode all the way into Ashbourne.

Can recommend taking a detour off the Tissington at Fenny Bentley, to go eat at The Coach and Horses pub. Very good food for the money. N.B. We used the footpath next to the road, to avoid competing with the traffic through the village on the A515. Come off the Tissington at Ashbourne Heights Holiday Park.

http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/410218/PDNP-White-Peak-Trails-Map.pdf

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...Inn-Ashbourne_Derbyshire_England.html?m=19905

https://goo.gl/maps/B38eYvtzrDk

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I did both Tissington and High Peak Trails a couple of weeks ago and can highly recommend (although probably not in the same day as I did). Refreshments and facilities at Mapleton Lane and Parsley Hay at either end (more or less) on Tissington Trail and at Middleton Top on High Peak Trail (the two trails meet at Parsley Hay).

OP
OP
B

BilboSmeggins

Veteran
Yes, next time I go, I'll aim for a more circular route, and get the High Peaks trail in too. Beautiful neck of the woods :smile:

D

Deleted member 23692

Linking the two ends with via the Carsington Res'r cycle track and the short road ride through Bradbourne make a very good circular route

trip-2987692-map-full.png

OP
OP
B

BilboSmeggins

Veteran
Good video there and a good effort sir

Thanks. I think Nick Drake’s musical genius bought the video to life far better than I ever could :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Linking the two ends with via the Carsington Res'r cycle track and the short road ride through Bradbourne make a very good circular route

View attachment 433820

If you look at that map you'll see it's only about a mile and a half to Monyash and 'The Bulls Head' along 'The Rake' (opposite the High Peak Junction)

My favourite pub in Derbyshire, I've been walking/cycling the Tissington Trail for 30+yrs

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Monyash also has The Smithy cafe which is ace.
From memory I'm not sure the High Peak trail would be quite as trike friendly, I seem to recall there are quite a few gates on it.
Yes, there are several gates on High Peak Trail. I’m trying to remember exactly which type - I think they are all just gates that open wide, about a metre in width access. Not kissing gates.

D

Deleted member 23692

Yes, there are several gates on High Peak Trail. I’m trying to remember exactly which type - I think they are all just gates that open wide, about a metre in width access. Not kissing gates.
The Pennine Bridleway follows the High Peak Trail so all the gates are bridlegates. It's also a Sustrans National Cycle Route

Top Bottom