Tissington Trail. Beautiful ride out, and very trike friendly.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Thank you very much for this, been wanting to do this for a while, I think it's probably just a bit beyond me at the moment, but it's an aim for early next year.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
The Pennine Bridleway follows the High Peak Trail so all the gates are bridlegates. It's also a Sustrans National Cycle Route

Some of the NCN routes have barriers that you have to lift a bike over (I’m thinking of one in particular in Worksop (Manton)) which would be impassable for a trike. It’s one of those where the top is narrower than the bottom to stop motorbikes passing through (I forget the proper name for this type).

D

Deleted member 23692

Some of the NCN routes have barriers that you have to lift a bike over (I’m thinking of one in particular in Worksop (Manton)) which would be impassable for a trike. It’s one of those where the top is narrower than the bottom to stop motorbikes passing through (I forget the proper name for this type).
Well this route doesn't.

As it's a bridleway, a horse needs to be able to get down it, and you can't lift those over barriers.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
@BilboSmeggins Tissington itself is worth a diversion, lovely village, stream running through, old church and a stately pile. If you visit the tea shop beside Tissington Hall there's a good chance you'll be served by the owner (Sir Richard FitzHerbert) not that you'd know it unless you get speaking to him, and his wife might be on the till.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Monyash also has The Smithy cafe which is ace.
From memory I'm not sure the High Peak trail would be quite as trike friendly, I seem to recall there are quite a few gates on it.

I rode the High Peak Trail from Middleton top to the Buxton end n back on a trike this summer and the gates were no problem. This was loaded with touring gear

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Downhill I notice. :laugh:

Both ways !

I start at cromford mill or Middleton top centre with a cuppa then high peak trail. Swing off and on empty roads to carsington water. On to pick up tisdington and up to parsley hay cafe. Back along high peak. 40 miles

D

Deleted member 26715

Just heard that the wife is likely to be going to Butlins 1st weekend in November, so here's hoping the good weather holds

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I rode the High Peak Trail from Middleton top to the Buxton end n back on a trike this summer and the gates were no problem. This was loaded with touring gear
Fairy nuff, I was thinking recumbent trike, but can see a trike wouldn't be any different to an upright bike (oops, I nearly put "normal" bike). Forgive me father, I don't visit here often.

Top Bottom