Tissington Trail. Beautiful ride out, and very trike friendly.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

@Ffoeg Thanks for the route, just looking I can see there is an alternative away around Carsington Water which looks to shorten it by a couple of miles, do you know if the access is good top side of the water?

D

Deleted member 23692

@Phaeton TBH I've never been that way round, but have a look at the OS map (and aerial photos) and you might be able to decide if it's for you or not. You'll get near to the visitor centre if nowt else

https://binged.it/2CMQRqk

FishFright

More wheels than sense
@Ffoeg Thanks for the route, just looking I can see there is an alternative away around Carsington Water which looks to shorten it by a couple of miles, do you know if the access is good top side of the water?

The Western side of Carsington Water ( From point 2 to 7 direct) is as rideable as going all the way round

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Does it knock much mileage off?

You save a good few , a guess would put it around a 1/3 of the length of going round the other way.
When you reach the T junction into Hopton , turn right (W) and and then the next left, when your reach the main road, cross it and got through the car park and you'll meet the track around the reservoir path.

D

Deleted member 26715

Thanks I suppose logic in the reverse then depending on how I feel choose the route around the water

Top Bottom