Titanium Bike Parts, I need your opinions (and I'm giving away a £50 Planet-X voucher)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Well hello there! I'm gearing up to launch a new cycling brand that will focus on making and selling Titanium bicycle parts.

So I'd love to know your opinions on a few related things. I'm going to give away a £50 Planet-X voucher to one of the survey respondents at random. I'll also send every respondent a decent discount voucher when I launch the brand properly and open the online store.

You guys have always been really good to me in the past and I'm looking forward to reading your survey responses!

You can take the short survey and enter the competition at https://ticat.shop/

I'm keeping track of component sizes in this thread https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/what-size-is-this-component.266830/

Cheers me dears!

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Done Andrew. Being the type that only rides Ti, this interests me a lot.

Sharky

Guru
Also done. I'm probably in the category "Can a leopard change it's spots". Have been riding/racing a long time and most of my kit is quite old. Have though recently bought a carbon trispoke front and a carbon deep section rear, for lightness and aero advantages. But I don't really understand the pro's and cons of TI products. If I needed to replace parts, I would consider TI if the price was not too different, but what would the advantages be?

Look forward to learning more as this thread progresses.
Good luck with your project.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Ahead stem bolts, rack bolts , canti brake pivots ..... M5 dome hex head in lengths various ,,,,
Even stainless rusts .... bring on the Ti ...

Johnsco

Old Fettler
Ahead stem bolts, rack bolts , canti brake pivots ..... M5 dome hex head in lengths various ,,,,
Even stainless rusts .... bring on the Ti ...
There are many grades of stainless that are strong and do not rust ...
- austenitic
- duplex
- super-duplex
BUT ... They are heavy !!
There are several grades of titanium and titanium alloy (including 6Al-4V) that are strong and do not rust.
Their over-riding advantage is lightness.

Landsurfer

Veteran
There are many grades of stainless that are strong and do not rust ...
- austenitic
- duplex
- super-duplex
BUT ... They are heavy !!
There are several grades of titanium and titanium alloy (including 6Al-4V) that are strong and do not rust.
Their over-riding advantage is lightness.
Unfortunately the grade of stainless usually reserved for cycle components is broadly S316 ..... cheap and rusty ...

Top Bottom