Titanium bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
IMG_0981.jpg
I'm not sure why I'm mentioning this one as it's not new, it hasn't got disc brakes and it's Shimano equipped, it may also be too small ( ok up to approx 5ft 9" ish) but it's a cracking price ( didn't sell first time around) and a great bike.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=282457136873&globalID=EBAY-GB

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yeah I'm sure. It's not about the money and I want something special. £2k is just a number to start at

Then go speak to Enigma and go bespoke

Origamist

Legendary Member
Then go speak to Enigma and go bespoke

Agreed. If you're splashing that amount of cash get a bike fit and get a custom ti frame. Burls are a bit cheaper than Enigma, if you want to splurge on a top end groupset or flashy pair of hoops.

I take it stainless steel doesn't float your boat?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Agreed. If you're splashing that amount of cash get a bike fit and get a custom ti frame. Burls are a bit cheaper than Enigma, if you want to splurge on a top end groupset or flashy pair of hoops.

Would rather pay for better wheels and groupset.....than a name on the frame

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Would rather pay for better wheels and groupset.....than a name on the frame

You don't have to have the name inscribed all over the frame. Enigma are happy not to.
In fact it reminds me, I have to look into getting the name scrubbed off my PX frame.

simon.r

Person
I have a Kinesis GF frame and it's lovely.

But...I think I prefer riding my steel framed bike with similar geometry and specification. I'm not completely sure yet, I reckon I need the rest of this year to contrast and compare. I guess the point I'm making is that while Ti is often touted as the ultimate frame material it may not be the "best" for everyone.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record it may be worth looking at steel. I don't know what her prices are like, but http://www.hartleycycles.com/ would be on my to look at list for a bespoke steel frame.

Origamist

Legendary Member
I have a Kinesis GF frame and it's lovely.

But...I think I prefer riding my steel framed bike with similar geometry and specification. I'm not completely sure yet, I reckon I need the rest of this year to contrast and compare. I guess the point I'm making is that while Ti is often touted as the ultimate frame material it may not be the "best" for everyone.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record it may be worth looking at steel. I don't know what her prices are like, but http://www.hartleycycles.com/ would be on my to look at list for a bespoke steel frame.

That Hartley 'Design Museum' gravel bike in 953 is tip top (only spoilt by the brakes!).

Rear mudguard ready.....Does anyone just ride with only a rear mudguard. That just seems odd.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member

Flashy wheels do nothing for me, more understated the better :smile:

I've got a steel bike, and a carbon bike, an alu bike...so Ti is missing :smile:

Top Bottom