Titanium bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Which frames?
The one that failed at the BB was a Boardman SLR 9.4. I had a seat stay go on a Lynskey R150.

stumpy66

Veteran
I have a Lynskey Viale disc, i bought the frame and built to my requirements/budget. takes up to 30mm tyres, rear rack. I used it over the winter and have been pleased with it.
My large frame is 10.5kgs fully built but dont really notice the difference except on the steep climbs.
The larger volums tyres are nice although like my other ti frame im sure it would still be comfy on skinnier rubber.

Ill post a pic later although im sure its in the self builds and titanium sections. CAn be bought as a frame or complet build im sure from Fatbirds although i got the frame in chain reactions sale

stumpy66

Veteran
IMG_0966.JPG

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
image.jpeg
As mentioned earlier the Reilly Cycleworks looks fab!

Edit - it's also interesting to read that the Planet X titanium frames are designed/created my Mark Reilly.

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
looking at this thread and your spec - the only way your going to get what you want is to go fully customized from a titanium frame supplier

and then you can girlyFY it to you needs and tastes.......

i know you liked the condor ( personally thought it was rank) but it's not available anymore

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
looking at this thread and your spec - the only way your going to get what you want is to go fully customized from a titanium frame supplier

and then you can girlyFY it to you needs and tastes.......

i know you liked the condor ( personally thought it was rank) but it's not available anymore

Mainly, I just don't like black decals, heavy black rims, or black tape. I expect Enigma can offer me the finish I like (without a custom build), just need to go to Sussex at some point

Yep, Condor not available and like hen's teeth...if one comes up on eBay in the right size, I'd happily forego the disc brakes, but in a year or more, none have come up for sale

If I'm spending north of £1500-2000 on a frame, I reserve the right to be fussy...I'm just looking for real world experiences to form a short list :smile: I doubt I'll see the money for a year so I've plenty of time and I'm not short of bikes to ride (more short on time to ride them at the mo) :smile:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
View attachment 351722 As mentioned earlier the Reilly Cycleworks looks fab!

Edit - it's also interesting to read that the Planet X titanium frames are designed/created my Mark Reilly.
Not sure about the black on the seat tube, by assume that's optional. The paint on the frame also puts me off the Pearson option which I've seen (and the cost to some extent)

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
If I'm spending north of £1500-2000 on a frame, I reserve the right to be fussy... :smile:

i'm not saying you don't deserve the right to be fussy....i'm just saying that wanting to spend that sort of money, personally i would find a proper Ti frame builder in the UK and get built exactly what i was looking for, rather than a generic off the shelf frameset...........which a far as i can tell, your not liking

someone like these guys http://www.baldwintitanium.co.uk/ just noticed the site is currently down, while they are on a break

Top Bottom