Titanium bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
i'm not saying you don't deserve the right to be fussy....i'm just saying that wanting to spend that sort of money, personally i would find a proper Ti frame builder in the UK and get built exactly what i was looking for, rather than a generic off the shelf frameset...........which a far as i can tell, your not liking

someone like these guys http://www.baldwintitanium.co.uk/ just noticed the site is currently down, while they are on a break
I think the bespoke ones tend to be more than £2k and although there's likely to be some wiggle room, I won't be able to justify £3k or more (even if I have the money)

I like the look of the Sabbath most so far :smile: (Except the Kinesis decal on the fork)

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I think the bespoke ones tend to be more than £2k and although there's likely to be some wiggle room, I won't be able to justify £3k or more (even if I have the money)

I like the look of the Sabbath most so far :smile: (Except the Kinesis decal on the fork)
just buy the frame and a different fork.............i think spa and fatbirds do the frame only or with optional free fork. i'm not a fan of that fork either tbh

Soltydog

Legendary Member
i'm not saying you don't deserve the right to be fussy....i'm just saying that wanting to spend that sort of money, personally i would find a proper Ti frame builder in the UK and get built exactly what i was looking for, rather than a generic off the shelf frameset...........which a far as i can tell, your not liking

someone like these guys http://www.baldwintitanium.co.uk/ just noticed the site is currently down, while they are on a break

I'm looking for a new Ti in the not too distant future, with similar requirements to @vickster & the Enigma Etape seems to tick most boxes for me, probably with custom frame made to measure, last time I looked at Baldwins they didn't do anything with mudgurd/rack mounts & they were a fair few quid more than other manufacturers, shame as they are quite local to me :blush:

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I've been very pleased with my Enigma:-
7138960853_350630bb5a_c.jpg 12-03-24 Enigma with Carradice SQR Tour on Monsal Tunnels route by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

It's nearly as nice to ride as my much cheaper On One Dirty Disco.
This one is custom and has mountings for a racks and rear mud-guard. It'll (just) take 35mm tyres with the guards.
The fork in that picture is a Taiwanese cyclocross model that I got off Ebay.
I bought the frame through Paul Hewitt Cycles in Leyland and had great service. If I lived in the South, I'd probably go direct to Enigma and hear what they could do.
There are quite a few FNRttCers with custom Enigmas.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Which frameset is it @Andrew Br

I reckon I'll perhaps take a trip to Enigma in June, although Swift near Liverpool Street are stockists but have very few in usually

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
It's based around the Etape I think but it was made before they started offering disc versions of that model.
The tyre clearances are also considerably larger than the Etape used to take.
I imagine that the Ecroix is the nearest current model.

I should add that my 1st Enigma was stolen and I had no hesitation in going back to them for a replacement.
That I subsequently got the original bike back is another story.........

Milzy

Guru
Cheers

I have to say this is quite fetching, but I have a steel genesis eq already...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genesis-e...012798?hash=item3f7bec237e:g:K3UAAOSwjqVZD4hU

And looking at those mahoosive hoods, I very much doubt I'd be able to brake comfortably and safely!
Paul milnes on eBay has the frame only for a nice price. I've been thinking about it my self. A little heavy but very nice.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Going back to the Spa Elan, could you not get this and do a groupset switch with the Boardman then sell the Boardman?
I could but it would cost me money to do so. I've emailed Spa out of interest to see how much the frameset is.
Also perhaps a £1500 Ti frame deserves more than Apex and BB5s (although both work fine on the Boardman)

New job is commutable for which the Boardman will be ideal

Edit: Spa Elan is £1090 for the frame, forks and headset

Last edited:
Top Bottom