Titanium bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jiberjaber

Veteran
No more expensive than Enigma. Which I have also just look at. Hmmm

Dealer on Fir Tree road for a test ride also ;)

winjim

Smash the cistern
Latest batch of Kinesis GF Ti disc have a minor manufacturing issue meaning they are compatible with mechanical groupsets only. Hence £200 off RRP, down to £1800.

Tony Butterworth Cycles in Sheffield is the place to go...

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I think Enigma and J Guillem constitute my current shortlist, possibly Reilly (I'll go to their Brighton workshop when I go to Enigma)

The IF credit card is approved, need to send the form back

Want to try an Ultegra groupset for braking. 105 still doesn't work for me. I expect I'll end up going Sram

Last edited:

jiberjaber

Veteran
I think Enigma and J Guillem constitute my current shortlist

The IF credit card is approved, need to send the form back

Want to try an Ultegra groupset for braking. 105 still doesn't work for me. I expect I'll end up going Sram

No JLaverack love?

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
No JLaverack love?
Not really no, and expensive as the fork is another £400+, only 5 year warranty, poor on a 2k frame and small company, little infrastructure. No shops, only direct

simon.r

Person
Latest batch of Kinesis GF Ti disc have a minor manufacturing issue meaning they are compatible with mechanical groupsets only. Hence £200 off RRP, down to £1800.

Tony Butterworth Cycles in Sheffield is the place to go...

But the RRP was £1600 a year ago. Just finished paying for mine (on interest free with 10% off, so £1440 from Sigma).

Edit - And I've ridden it a few more times since my last post on this thread and decided it's actually at least as good as my 853 frame. As someone else has said, if you have a titanium itch it has to be scratched!

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
But the RRP was £1600 a year ago. Just finished paying for mine (on interest free with 10% off, so £1440 from Sigma).
Well you need to factor in the cost of building the time machine...

Included in the price at Tony Butterworth's is a full transplant of parts over to the new frameset which of course you wouldn't get online.

simon.r

Person
Marc Reilly built me a Ti MTB frame some (many, 20+ years ago - sheesh I feel old!) when he was trading as Omega somewhere near Dartord.

Couldn't fault the workmanship and I fitted it out with cable disc brakes (hydraulics were in their infancy) but I did specifiy that I wanted it to take hydraulics in the future. When, a few months Iater I complained that the guides wouldn't take hydraulic lines I got a BS reply.

Last edited:

simon.r

Person
Well you need to factor in the cost of building the time machine...

Included in the price at Tony Butterworth's is a full transplant of parts over to the new frameset which of course you wouldn't get online.

Fair point, but I have wondered why the RRP has increased from£1600 to £2000 in a year. The cynical part of me wonders if it's because demand is outstripping supply and Kinesis have seen an opportunity to make more money...

FishFright

More wheels than sense

Edit - And I've ridden it a few more times since my last post on this thread and decided it's actually at least as good as my 853 frame. As someone else has said, if you have a titanium itch it has to be scratched!

It really does and it's well worth it

Top Bottom