Titanium bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
If anyone is going to the Cycle Show, then go look at this thing of beauty - HERE

Not 100% convinced on the push fit bottom bracket, but other than that it ticked every singe box

jiberjaber

Veteran
If anyone is going to the Cycle Show, then go look at this thing of beauty - HERE

Not 100% convinced on the push fit bottom bracket, but other than that it ticked every singe box

Shame there aren't any closer shots of the dropouts or the front of the fork. I'm not drawn from my J.ack by that (prices are similar) but some of the finer detail might be interesting. Shame about the press-fit only only approach...

AlanW

Guru
Shame there aren't any closer shots of the dropouts or the front of the fork. I'm not drawn from my J.ack by that (prices are similar) but some of the finer detail might be interesting. Shame about the press-fit only only approach...

I was very impressed with the J.ACK frames, attention to detail was very good. Top contender for me so far

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Pressfit BBs are nothing to be scared of, provided they're good ones. Wheels Mfg PF30 on my Litespeed. Zero issues with it in two years and many miles in all weathers.

jiberjaber

Veteran
I went for threaded BB as more maintainable than press-fit if in the middle of no where (though arguably, they are probably both as bad as each other if no tools are available :smile: )

AlanW

Guru
Forgive me Lord coz I have sinned...I have been looking at endurance carbon bikes now....:banghead:

Trek Domane, Cervelo C5 and the Giant Defy, to name just three..:blush: All of which are very, very nice, but the thankfully the spark is still there for a titanium frame

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Forgive me Lord coz I have sinned...I have been looking at endurance carbon bikes now....:banghead:

Trek Domane, Cervelo C5 and the Giant Defy, to name just three..:blush: All of which are very, very nice, but the thankfully the spark is still there for a titanium frame
Noo Ti is so lovely and springy! Carbon is sooo lifeless in comparison!

If the Condor holy grail ever shows up on eBay, my carbon will gladly donate all its components...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly

Even though I have a Ti gravel bike, still fancy a carbon one as well. Or three.

Top Bottom