Titanium Folder - Kickstarter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kell

Veteran
It's always annoyed me that no one else thought of a system that uses the bike wheels to roll it along.

Bromptons (literally) fall down on that front.

OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
It's always annoyed me that no one else thought of a system that uses the bike wheels to roll it along.

Other folding bikes have been able to use the bike's wheels to roll when folded. Mark Sanders' Strida being the obvious example.

What the Helix seems to be able to do is combine a small fold, with larger wheels, at a light(ish) weight and still roll very smoothly when folded.

As you can see, I'm almost persuaded...

Last edited:
....been following this thread, and the Helix project in general.

I'm more and more convinced that this folder is gonna fill a yawning gap in the folder world, and once it gets past its 'bedding in' period, I suspect I could be tempted.

I'm not brave enough to be one of the pioneer buyers of this new bike. It will no doubt go through a few iterations before becoming a mature offering - the dilemma as always being when to commit.

I have a 20" wheeled folder at the moment, but realise the limitations of smaller wheels. The helix fits the void nicely between Brommie and Montague, a good compromise IMHO............

Kell

Veteran
Other folding bikes have been able to use the bike's wheels to roll when folded. Mark Sanders' Strida being the obvious example.

What the Helix seems to be able to do is combine a small fold, with larger wheels, at a light(ish) weight and still roll very smoothly when folded.

As you can see, I'm almost persuaded...

Should have clarified. Other bikes that I'd want to ride...

OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
Looks like they're going with a bigger chainring as standard:

We've also listened to your feedback and are adjusting our spec. We've changed the size of the chainring to 42t. Helix now has a more usable gear range making it more suitable for steep hills and descents. We're also making slight changes to the geometry so that Helix can accommodate a longer seatpost up from 350mm to 400mm. This will not affect the folded size.

This is good news (for me at least)!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along

sorry just noticed this mooching over old threads, Decathlon's B'Twin Tilt range are designed to do this, seatpost left up as the handle and both wheels roll beautifully, but it is a bulky unit when folded so a) necessary and b) maybe a limiting factor to places that may accept the bike even folded

Top Bottom