To Brompton or not to Brompton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
There are counterfeit brommies about if you buy the used one check serial numbers etc. No genuine seller will have a problem with that.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Im sure the M bars will be fine at your height. I am 5ft 9 and M works for me. I test rode both versions before buying.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I have an S-type and have also owned a couple of M-types. I much prefer the S-type as the position is just right for me, with a bit of drop from the saddle to the bars. The M-type is a bit like riding a Raleigh Chopper; you can waft around feeling like the King of the Road and it's fun for a while, but it's not a great position for longer or faster rides.

[

It does, not least because it includes a Brommie bag which would cost £100+ to buy separately.

However, Brommies are now in Halfords/Cycle Surgery.

I was offered £100 off in Cycle Surgery at the MetroCentre without asking for prices.

Once the discounters get hold of a brand, the used values plummet.
Surprised at that pale rider - I didn't think Brommies were ever really discounted - but good news for anyone who wants one.

I can vouch for the quality of the bikes - and build quality is way better than Dahon (I also have a Dahon sport bike) - My brommie (5 speed model) has also been up mountains:

Top Bottom