To islabike or not to Islabike???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
After learning to ride on a tiny halfrauds bike my mini me is ready for bigger and definately better things. We have been looking round on the web and by far the best option is the Islabike Beinn 20. We popped into our lbs yesterday to see what they had to offer and were shown a Giant Areva 2 which mini me really took to. She didn't rode but will pop back for a test ride. She can't decide which she likes best. There is a £100 difference in price. We are happy to pay more as long as it is warranted. I have read some past posts on Islabikes and wondered if there were any experiences of the Giant? Wish we lived closer to Islabikes so we could test ride but that not an option. So...do we pay more for a bike that has a brilliant reputation but can't test ride or less for one we can test ride but is more of an unknown quantity?? Aarrrrgh minefield lol!!

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
If you've got the cash in the first place, go for the Islabike. Great bikes, small boy has got a Beinn 24 for daily use to school and back, which he's almost outgrown, and a Luath 26 for club use. If you look on the 'bay, you'll see how much people arew illing to pay for second hand. I reckon when we sell his Beinn we'll probably get back about 65-70% of what we paid in the first place, so he's had a fantastic light bike for a couple of years for under £100. Also, if you get one off the 'bay, you'll probably get back what you paid for it when you eventually sell it on again.

Globalti

Legendary Member
We sold our Beinn for almost the same as we paid for it. Fantastic bike and so easy to ride.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I sold an Islabike 24 recently to someone I know for £200 - the same day the exact same bike went on ebay for £270 which I think is approximately what I bought mine for, so they still seem to be holding their value although they are becoming more common to see now than when I bought that one.

OP
OP
hobbitonabike

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
No I haven't. Will have a look now though. Thanks. :-)

Top Bottom