To make a fridge colder do you turn it up or down? (Daft pub closing type type questions.)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Once, years ago me and a mate were decorating an apartment for some rich bloke in London. When we arrived he told us that he was off to the US for a month, so to get on with the job and help ourselves to anything in the fridge, which was nice of him.

I took the light bulb.

Linford

I used to have a commercial type Foster Fridge (or freezer depending on the set point)
It cost a packet to run though.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I had one of those mahoosive American fridges once, I bought it from USAF Molesworth. It only cost $20 but I had to pay £10 import duty at customs, which was the next window along from the purchase window of a portacabin in a huge hanger. I had to declare that I was qualified to dispose of CFCs.

When we got home we found the fridge took up the space in our kitchen that was designed to accommodate both the fridge and the cooker, so for about six months we didn't have a cooker and had to use a camping gas ring and the barbeque instead. When my wife quite reasonably got cheesed off with the situation I sold the fridge for £100.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Ha its a McQuay its not going to get cold for long as it will pack up sharpish . Trane or Carrier far better IMHO.

Yes it has been a real pain getting it commissioned, kept tripping but seems to be ok now. These are critical to the process, it is not used for a massive air conditioning system like they often are. If it messes up it shuts the plant down which takes ages to start up at a great cost. The other machines that this is replacing were made by York, and are very reliable. It was probably cheap, apparently they are Italian or something. Hope it's not like some Alfa Romeo's are like reliability wise.

subaqua

What’s the point
Yes it has been a real pain getting it commissioned, kept tripping but seems to be ok now. These are critical to the process, it is not used for a massive air conditioning like they often are. If it messes up it shuts the plant down which takes ages to start up at a great cost. The other machines that this is replacing were made by York, and are very reliable. It was probably cheap, apparently they are Italian or something. Hope it's not like some Alfa Romeo's are like reliability wise.

is my view on them. we had all sorts of problems with them and the engineers who came to commision

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
is my view on them. we had all sorts of problems with them and the engineers who came to commision

lol. It's a bit late now it is here now and cost a fortune so will have to live with it :rolleyes:

subaqua

What’s the point
It may be that - the workings of motorhomes are beyond me, but then I don't understand the concept of them. I would much prefer a tent or bivvy bag to a motorhome or caravan.
same here. Kids love camping , but wifey wants a 16A hook up . would much rather do what i did when i went to Porthkerris for a dive weekend a few yrs ago- me a tent and just a basic stove . this was the view from the tent
DSC03018.jpg

Top Bottom