To the cyclist doing a Time Trial down High Holborn, around 7pm Monday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You were on a road bike, wearing black and white shorts, a reddish top and an faired aerodynamic helmet.

You jumped a red light outside the Shanghai Blues restaurant and hit a pedestrian, knocking her over. You knew you had hit someone because you looked back, but you didn’t stop.

You’re a selfish, immature, irresponsible, slack-brained idiot. You’re not fit to call yourself an adult. You should be deeply ashamed of your infantile, self-seeking behaviour. I hope your chain jumps up your fundament and drags your testicles into your rear derailleur.

Maz

Guru
That TT-guy sounds like a complete twat.
Were you in a position to stop and help her up, 20"?

cannondale boy

Über Member
If your going to do a TT do it on a country road where there are no peds, and no traffic lights. His life would of probably been on the line as well as others jumping red lights and all sorts. Was he a carbon fibre freak? Gotta love those guys.

Iceniner

What an idiot thats just so dangerous in so many ways and doesnt help the reputation of cyclists ;)

toontra

Veteran
cannondale boy said:
Was he a carbon fibre freak? Gotta love those guys.

Not sure the carbon is relevant, but my money would be he was on a fixed.

I ride this area a lot and by far the worst offenders are fixed riders - couriers and wanna-be couriers. Maybe something to do with not wanting to lose momentum, which I imagine is more of an issue with fixies.

LLB

That has depressed me a bit, I expected more of someone who (appears) to take it seriously ;)

LLB

domtyler said:
What was his time in the end anyway?

Borrowed by the sound of it:evil:

Tynan

Veteran
can't have been much of a collision if he stayed on, I've hit a few and any sort of solid connection leaves you on the road with them

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
He's a big idiot.....what fool rides round the streets in an aero helmet.......kn*b.....

I have an aero helmet but have only worn it on a TT.....too blooming hot anyway.......

Pete

cannondale boy said:
If your going to do a TT do it on a country road where there are no peds, and no traffic lights.
Or maybe - better - on a dual carriageway. Seeing as many TTs are held on such roads anyway, and statistically I believe they're a safer option for an experienced cyclist capable of going at speed. Which does not mean 'all cyclists' of course!

As for the idiot we're talking of: well, I suppose we just have to accept that there are good 'uns and bad 'uns in every walk of life. Including just about every kind of cyclist. That guy, when he gets behind the wheel of his car, probably behaves likewise. AVOID. And hope he gets shopped and brought to book.

Top Bottom