To those who hate cyclists filtering....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yebbut, which textbook?, is the question...

"My Big Book of How to get Doored"

:tongue:

Nice video. I only get to filter on the way in one day a week (not enough traffic on the other route), but it is satisfying...

paddy01

Out of curiosity, when filtering on a 2 lane road with no central reservation serperating the oncoming traffic, do people prefer to filter down the middle of lanes 1 & 2 or the outside of lane 2?

I always feel more comfortable filtering down the outside of lane 2, which logically to me makes no sense as it's putting me in the vicinity of oncoming traffic. I suspect it's down to a motorcycling background.

adds21

Rider of bikes
paddy01 said:
I always feel more comfortable filtering down the outside of lane 2, which logically to me makes no sense as it's putting me in the vicinity of oncoming traffic. I suspect it's down to a motorcycling background.

That's interesting. I was wondering exactly the same, and also would probably filter on the outside of lane 2.

I also have a motorcycling background.

Dan B

Disengaged member
4F said:
However by the letter of the law imho it is still technically in breach of the HC 174
The letter of the HC is not the letter of the law. Even where the HC says MUST/MUST NOT it is still their interpretation of the law and you should read the actual statutes to find out what the letter of the law says.

The classic example is advance stop lines...

OP
OP
M

magnatom

beastie said:
My commute home this afternoon.

5.4 miles

I saw three cars in the first 4 miles.

ah i miss the city living

Ah but the first 5 miles of my commute are the same. I am as likely to come across a horse rider as I am a car! :evil:

Armegatron

Just done something like this, but in my haste I turned the camera off without pushing the record button first (Veho Muvi) :evil: - gives me an excuse to do it again I suppose

Plax

Guru
My best filtering experience was on the A55 with near gridlocked traffic. It was well ace, I was so glad that day I decided to cycle and not drive!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

BentMikey said:
You've certainly come a long way from your chuffing slow hybrid days, Dave!
:biggrin: It was lead lined!

The new commute is great for building up the legs, with some nice steep climbs thrown in. Unfortunately I'm not managing any other training at the moment, so I'm unsure if I should do the Etape or not. I'd finish it, but would I enjoy it...?:wacko:

Top Bottom