To wear or not to wear pants?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Op talks about leggings, bib's and cycle shorts.

ok dave - you win on a technicality. The OP didn't specifically mention 'padded' in his question, but to the vast majority, cycle shorts means padding, let's be honest.

To a small minority however (not naming names here dave) it means going out dressed like Don Estelle's character from 'it ain't half hot mum'...(google it if you're under 25)

If chaffing is not an issue what is the benefit of going commando?

Look at it another way - what are the benefits of wearing cycle shorts incorrectly?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

Udderly smooth is nice, tried Assos as well and that gives a tingle you may or may not like...
:eek:

e-rider

crappy member
Hi all.
I got loads of new cycling kit for Xmas.:snowball::santa: (Thanks MrsB)
However as i move on from my tracksuit and trainers into the realms of a fully fledged MAMIL i find myself facing a little dilemma.

Should I wear pants/boxers/jockstrap underneath my splendid looking leggings, bibs and cycling shorts? :banghead:Or are they made for commando raids?:scratch:
you might find the pad in very cheap shorts uncomfortable if you go commando - however, the solution isn't to reach for your Ys, but to bin the shorts and buy some decent ones!

e-rider

crappy member
may be I shall try that free chamois cream sample that came with my recent Assos purchase (to replace the set cut off my last year).... could be interesting... now do I try it out before the ride or during the ride...
Assos is pre-ride. Although when I've been touring and doing a LOT of miles, I've re-applied on the side of the road!!!

tadpole

you might find the pad in very cheap shorts uncomfortable if you go commando - however, the solution isn't to reach for your Ys, but to bin the shorts and buy some decent ones!
And by the sound of is some Butt butter, Na go for a decent set of briefs from M&S wash them as you'd normally do, and ignore the people who have more money than sense

Top Bottom