To wear or not to wear pants?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirtlover2005

If chaffing is not an issue what is the benefit(s) of going commando?

If chaffing is not an issue what is the benefit(s) of going commando?

Padded cycling shorts are (without exception) designed to be worn next to the skin. I'm genuinely puzzled as to why so many people on here have a problem understanding that.

Presumably you don't wear pants underneath your speedos when you go swimming..? (unless your name is dave r, obviously...)

D

Deleted member 1258

Padded cycling shorts are (without exception) designed to be worn next to the skin. I'm genuinely puzzled as to why so many people on here have a problem understanding that.

Presumably you don't wear pants underneath your speedos when you go swimming..? (unless your name is dave r, obviously...)

I don't wear padded shorts, I don't need padded shorts, I either wear unpadded touring shorts or running shorts.

Dirtlover2005

Sorry but rather than questioning my understanding and making presumptions about me - I have not stated how I wear my shorts or tights - could you answer the question?

If chaffing is not an issue what is the benefit of going commando?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Sorry but rather than questioning my understanding and making presumptions about me - I have not stated how I wear my shorts or tights - could you answer the question?

If chaffing is not an issue what is the benefit of going commando?

Whether you chafe or not, the greatest comfort and benefits (i.e. sweat wicking) will be realised by using the shorts as they are designed to be used.

I wear pants and don't chafe not tried commando as my wife has point blank refused to do the washing of my bibs and shorts if I do!!! so I will take the easy option

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I wear pants and don't chafe not tried commando as my wife has point blank refused to do the washing of my bibs and shorts if I do!!! so I will take the easy option

Did you tell her at any point during this exchange that the dialogue referred to makes no sense? She is going to be washing a garment that has been against your skin regardless :wacko:

Top Bottom