To wear or not to wear pants?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tadpole

M&S Briefs under the padded shorts with unpadded leggings, never had a problem. No pant under hard to wash padded shorts is a hygiene problem waiting to happen

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sorry, no grundies under cycling shorts - that's what they are designed to do. Wash each evening, shove on radiator, dry for morning. If not dry, then use another pair.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I use padded cycling shorts without anything underneath. In this weather I put Altura unpadded winter tights over the top of the shorts. I used to hate how boxers or trunks would roll up the leg when putting cycle shorts on over them. VPL around the legs not a good look and would chafe inner thighs sometimes !

billy1561

BB wrecker
When commuting the big 4 miles i keep my growlers on cos i can't be arsed . But on any other ride it's commando underneath as per recommendations.

Washing a the correct temperature means biological powder, which doesn't do the stitching any good, and drying them in the cooler months means having them hanging about decorating the kitchen on clothes horses (most of the year)

and yet strangely, millions of riders globally have no problems washing/drying their lycra.

tadpole

Maybe they have more money/less care for the environment, than I do? Or maybe they work less hours, there could be a hundred reason that they do the things they do, or it could be down to peer pressure to conform. I don't give a rats arse, nor have I suffered from chafing or Jock itch from wearing my clean briefs under my clean padded shorts

Maybe they have more money/less care for the environment, than I do? Or maybe they work less hours, there could be a hundred reason that they do the things they do, or it could be down to peer pressure to conform. I don't give a rats arse, nor have I suffered from chafing or Jock itch from wearing my clean briefs under my clean padded shorts

Less hours, less money? You must be the poorest, hardest-working soul in the UK. Anyway, if you cared that much for the environment, you'd still be wearing woollen shorts - from real sheep n stuff. None of this synthetic nonsense...

U

User6179

I couldnt decide pants or not so i wear fek all, just cover my arse with vaseline and im good to go and no washing every nite.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom