Toasted sandwiches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Beware of scalding your mouth on the tomato

Indeed, but I’m capable of letting my food cool a little before eating!

presta

Guru
Beware of scalding your mouth on the tomato

I scald my mouth eating my food so much that my dentist once commented on it. I'm a fast eater, I'm impatient to wait for it to cool when I'm hungry, and I have difficulty telling the difference betweeen hot spice and hot temperature.

I use a George Foreman grilly thing for toasted sandwiches because it doesn't matter what shape the bread is. Anyways, I digress here, but toasties are a regular thing chez Casa Reynard.

The default version is cheese and chutney. But basically, anything goes...

Cheddar, onion & a dab of English mustard - tastes exactly like cheese & onion crisps.
Cheddar, ham & sweet chilli sauce.
Cheddar, tomato chutney (or ketchup), pepperoni & mozzarella
Chicken, mozzarella & basil pesto
Cheddar, bacon & sweet chilli sauce / bbq sauce
Cheddar, onion, sliced hot dogs & bbq sauce / ketchup

Tuna & banana... Sounds right weird, but might give it a go. Not going to say I don't like it until I've tried it.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Went out where?
Mine lives in a cupboard, gets used occasionally.
Unlike the oven grill which I never use!

Hi, It means not in/used/relevant etc anymore...
I've not known anyone to have one over the last 20 years... I've seen paninis when I've been out but I'm referring to the sliced bread version that people had in the 1980s.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I bought one a few years ago (5 years max). It's got removeable non stick plates so it's a doddle to clean. We've also got a flatter version which I think is more like a panini press. Love corned beef or ham and cheese, have had scrambled egg in the past (a bit long winded and messy though).

Top Bottom