Toasted sandwiches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I didn't say anything about "uncooked" cheese.

Anyway, if we are really going to split hairs a sandwich made in one of those sandwich makers that seals the edges is a "toastie", one made in a flat sandwich press is a "toasted sandwich". 😜

I cook mine on a teppanyaki plate, what does that make it?

My mum used to do fried sandwiches - so healthy - cheese and marmite sandwiches dipped in beaten egg and lobbed into the frying pan. A Yorkshire Croque Monsieur

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I cook mine on a teppanyaki plate, what does that make it?

My mum used to do fried sandwiches - so healthy - cheese and marmite sandwiches dipped in beaten egg and lobbed into the frying pan. A Yorkshire Croque Monsieur

Now that's what you call a sarnie, unhealthy enough to start with then fried in beef dripping. I'm nearly drowning in drool!!!! 😍

Beef or lamb mince (cooked) is good in a toastie. The derivatives of mince such as bolognaise or chilli are really good though it's best the sauce is well reduced on the hob when made (we eat some as first made then reduce sauce further for toasties.
I remember my mum having a 'manual' toastie contraption for use on a gas hob, might have been "nut brown" (TM?).

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Top Bottom