Toasted sandwiches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Breville Flat plate sandwich/pannini maker.

Much more flexible than the type that makes neat crimped triangles

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi, It means not in/used/relevant etc anymore...
I've not known anyone to have one over the last 20 years... I've seen paninis when I've been out but I'm referring to the sliced bread version that people had in the 1980s.

Not something I’ve ever heard as a term, is it a northern? contraction of went out of fashion?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Butter the outsides of the bread in a breville! ^_^

If you listen to Absolute Radio, Bush and Richie do "Toastie Tuesday" trying all sorts of mad ideas for fillings. I'm sure recipes are available on podcast / social media and the like.

Dadam

We have one the inlaws bought us, with removable non stick plates so it's easy to clean. Also came with griddle plates for normal grilling of meat/veg etc. I just tend to use the George Foreman grill as the bread is never quite the right size for the "proper" toaster

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Decisions, decisions

1679910038001.png

T4tomo

Legendary Member

easy, just drink the wine....its 5 o'clock somewhere after all

PK99

Legendary Member
I was inspired (cheese and tomato, I prefer white bread for toasties).
Yep, nuclear tomato!

Ah yes, you see the problem.... lots of dry, hard, toasted crust and sealing strips.

Now, if you had a flat-plate sandwich toaster you would have yummy melted goodness right up to the edge - with an added bonus of crispy bits of cheese extruded at the edges.

:laugh:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I've eschewed toasties/panini in favour of "easy pizza" today. Not much food in the house until later, but found a soft pitta and a bowl of leftover bolognaise in the fridge. Some chopped red peppers and grated cheese. Then thrown in an air fryer for just 4 minutes. Tastes far nicer than pizza done in the oven.

No hard edges (whether you like them or not), but there is the risk of cheese slipping off the edge.

1679918902322.png

Top Bottom