today I learnt I cant bunny hop :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
So riding along minding my business and a car tried to run me off the road on a round about.

The brakes werent stopping me fast enough so I tried to bunny hop a curb to stop me from crashing...

I got the front wheel up but real wheel took the brunt, and I dented my hand built wheel :-(
image.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What a tosspot driver....

Anyway.. you should be able to bend that back quite easy with a pair of pliers/molegrips.

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Good effort though.
I assume the driver stopped, enquired of your well being, offered to pay for the damage and took you for a cream tea?
Of course....

I was stuck in the rain watching said round about for an hour until I was picked up, interestingly 8 people nearly caused accidents by driving like peanuts

Mo1959

Legendary Member
So riding along minding my business and a car tried to run me off the road on a round about.

The brakes werent stopping me fast enough so I tried to bunny hop a curb to stop me from crashing...

I got the front wheel up but real wheel took the brunt, and I dented my hand built wheel :-( View attachment 26852
Bummer. It's a horrible feeling damaging your bike. Hope as Ian says you can straighten it out ok.
Glad you got out of the way of the car though. :thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think it is a good skill to have for emergencies. Early in my adult cycling 'career' I double-punctured when I rode over a length of 4x2 which fell off a skip wagon in front of me and didn't have time to brake. After that, I learned to bunnyhop. I have bunnyhopped housebricks, potholes and even whole cattlegrids in the years since then.

ATTACH]
I don't bunny hop..........

78804544-B6CA-4034-BF17-DD143DF65658-11536-00000B1CEB84A632_zps9fa702f8.jpg

Sara_H

Guru
I suspect my OH (age 45) was attempting to bunny hop when he sustained his gruesome hand injury last week.

Hope your wheel can be sorted :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When I was learning to bunnyhop, I returned home from a ride to find a couple of neighbours gossiping on the pavement a few yards down from my house. (I live on a little cobbled backstreet and our houses do not have gardens.) Mister Cool decided to bunnyhop the kerb but misjudged it and landed the front wheel on the edge of a kerbstone. Much amusement for Mister VeryUncool's neighbours; much pain for him - cobbles are hard! :B)

Sandra6

Veteran
Brave effort - sorry about your wheel.
Mr6 and I were just talking about this the other day after I was telling him about a chap who was run off the road by a bus and had to hop on to the kerb. I doubt I'd be able to do it, but he's fairly confident he still has the skills of a 10 year old.

karl61

It was bunny hopping that buckled my wheel. I looked round for my team car for a replacement wheel, only to realise I was on my Sunday morning loop and not in the T D F. Ah well!! L B S to the rescue, trued it up good and proper.

Top Bottom