today I learnt I cant bunny hop :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
How is the mangled hand?

@jifdave Bummer about that wheel. I hope that you can get it sorted out.

Lots of nasty nerve pain, which is good as it means the nerves are repairing. Stitches out on tuesday, so hopefully he'll be allowed to have some use of the hand as he's quite disabled at the moment.

Worst of all, he's not been able to shave so has grown a beard. I've got a real beard phobia, but thought I'd be ok with it, but it's getting a bit freaky now. He's been told to go to a barbers and get it sorted!

I did similar damage to a DT Swiss rear wheel a few years ago but I hit a sunken grid dodging an idiot driver, although it was't quite as bad TBH I managed to straighten it out OK myself.

Just take your time, and adjustable wrench is preferable to pliers, (no serrated edges), but either way put an old cloth on the rim first to protect it, should be fine :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
I had spent an hour and a half slackening every spoke and trying to retrue it right but the rim is so bent it couldnt be straightened.

Also found after all that the rim actually has a crack in the wall..... arse!

Spoke to harry rowland who built them and he can replace the rim on a rush job for £57 im riding London 100 sunday! I cannot buy the rim for less than £40 so a real fair deal I think.

Top Bottom