Today I saw a cyclist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
NCN traffic calmed side street, speed bumps, made narrow by parked cars both sides.
Impatient drivers often try to overtake in spite of the speed bumps.
There's a cyclist riding up opposite me, he's very slow, slower than me!
Car behind, she wants to overtake, in fairness she leaves him room. I can see him spinning like mad, looking straight ahead, I don't think he noticed the car.
When we come level I glance at him: knock me down with a feather! He was over 80 no exaggeration, pedaling furiously, the biggest grin of joy on his face.
Many, many Kudos!
I hope the driver, that really should have waited, looked at this cyclist too and next time will wait behind.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Moments like that can make a journey and the memory keep you going on others.
I recall one time sharing part of my commute home with a one armed cyclist. Trafic was crap on a particularly bad stretch and having someone to share coping with the bad drivers was a joy. Never seen him since. :sad:

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
He's doing better than me at 'almost' twice my age.

Signed, broken semi-ex-cyclist.
:hugs: you'll get there!

I think I know where my presumed octogenarian rode from: the retirement home just down the road where I saw him.
I will ask our area's newly appointed active travel officer (we never had one before) to interview him for the local radio, if I find out who he is.

Tin Pot

Guru
He's doing better than me at 'almost' twice my age.

Signed, broken semi-ex-cyclist.

You'll be back.
526ebc4af48ccb398de14b34de4083d6.jpg

ayceejay

Guru
I saw a group of serious looking cyclists all kitted out, male and female I did my loop and there they were again, They were all over 80 (I asked) and they were all on high end electric bikes so never give up I say.

D

Deleted member 1258

There's an old clubmate of mine who is still working part time at one of the LBS's, still commuting and is still out Sunday mornings for a ride of around fifty miles, he's in his eighty's. He wrote an article about it recently.

Top Bottom