Today's ride

Discussion in 'Fixed Gear and Single Speed' started by rideswithmoobs, 25 Nov 2015.

1. Another fast-ish ride with the club - 60 miles in 3:20 in round numbers. Lovely weather, even though there was a constant cross wind!
    J

rideswithmoobs likes this.
  2. ...and another Single Speed Century - 103 miles, 6h 10m, average 16.6mph. Evil headwind for the second half :-(
    J

colly and rideswithmoobs like this.
  3. Pennine-Paul

Pennine-Paul Goth on a bike............

First decent length ride since April when I suffered a dislocated shoulder,85 kms round Knutsford,Altrincham and back to Stockport

colly, rideswithmoobs and I like Skol like this.
  4. gavroche

gavroche Getting old but not past it

Another day with no ride. These days are getting more frequent now that the bad weather is coming in. The good news is that I have my shed now and a bike set up on rollers, just need to set up a tv with DVD player now.

5. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

Not todays ride but just readied my Lee Cooper for a ride tomorrow am .

WP_20160508_003.jpg

colly likes this.
  6. colly

colly Re member eR

rideswithmoobs and Rocky like this.
  7. biggs682

well set of nice and early but the first couple of hills had me remembering the last time i rode this bike i needed to change the gearing as 52 x 18 was way to steep for the hills , but still managed a 32 mile loop at a very good average

rideswithmoobs and colly like this.
  8. colly

colly Re member eR

Lee Cooper..................I got one of those.

As you well know. ^_^

biggs682 likes this.
  9. biggs682

@colly i do remember

i have just picked up another of his track frames like my blue one but fillet brazed Columbus tubing and not drilled for rear brake just got to decide whether i am selling it on or building it

10. colly

colly Re member eR

I would be tempted but I have two spare frames and a spare bike to sort out yet. :rolleyes:

biggs682 likes this.
  11. biggs682

you can never have enough bike gear

12. I flip-flopped my wheel today so that it's fixed.

Now, I have never ridden fixed before, and it was a bit of a suprise, I only rattled into town and back (7 miles), there were a couple of occasions that I was lifted from the seat when I forgot that I couldn't coast !!
    And for the same reason, my legs were going like the clappers on a short downhill section !!

Great fun, but it'll take me a day or two to get used to it

colly likes this.
  13. colly

colly Re member eR

14. colly

colly Re member eR

After sleeping fitfully I got up at just before 4am. I decided that if I couldn't sleep I might as well go out. So I set off at about 4.20 or so. The first 4 vehicles I saw were.......bicycles.
    All was going well until on the outskirts of Garforth my rear wheel banged down into a pothole. (the front must have missed it) Sure enough 100m on I could feel the telltale rumble of rim on rubber/tarmac. Bugger I thought, pinch puncture. Stuck a bit of air in and tried it again just in case but I was done for so found a handy bus shelter with a light in and set to swapping the inner tube.
    My old boss said to me ''never assume anything, you will make an ass out of you and me''. Know what? He was right. I assumed it was a pinch puncture.............and it wasn't.:sad:
    I made the cardinal error of not checking the inside of the tyre for sharps. New tube in, pumped up, pumped up some more, and again. :cursing: Still soft.:cursing:
    Took out the new tube and this time ran my fingers around the inside of the tyre and found the real cause. A small metal splinter sharp enough to stick in my finger.
    So in goes the second and my last spare tube. Bingo ! Im rolling again !
    One good thing came out of it is that having had a real close look and a feel of my rear tyre ..........I realise it is thinner than a fag paper. I'm sure that didn't help. New boots needed.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/11461068

rideswithmoobs and gavroche like this.
  15. 3narf

3narf For whom the bell dings

I just had a quick ride around the block on the new bike just to make sure the riding position, brakes, new bars etc are all OK, and my feet weren't hitting the pump. All seems fine so I'll have a longer ride at the weekend.

IMAG3254.jpg IMAG3255.jpg

colly and Biff600 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice