Today's ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings

2000+ ft of climbing is pretty impressive!

We have friends in Ilkley...

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Hard work today because it was windy. Damp and grey, too; we could do with a bit of sunny weather! It didn't help that I rang my dad just before I went, and he told me he couldn't see my number because the sun was reflecting off his phone... :angry:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
First time out on the Tierney single speed project.

WP_20170224_003.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
3rd day of Tierney testing and still going well

Once we start getting a bit nearer spring i might drag the Pollard or even build the Woodrup up

3narf

For whom the bell dings
This week I did my first proper singlespeed rides for ages!

Tuesday I did 22 miles starting with a pretty sharp climb up a local hill called Brimscombe Hill; I had to stop for a quick break twice which shows how unfit I am.

Today I did my local short route but in reverse; 13 miles and 1000ft of climbing. The reverse route avoids a narrow, busy stretch which is no fun when you're trying to monster it out in one gear. I'm proud to say I did the whole ride seated without having to stand on the pedals, so maybe the rest day did me good.

It's nice to be doing singlespeed again and I'm looking forward to getting my Lee Cooper project up and running for the spring: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/another-project.229718/

Last edited:
Top Bottom