Today's ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Back on the Lee cooper after swapping the freewheel for a 20 hopefully it will help me out on the hills
WP_20161017_002.jpg

3narf

For whom the bell dings
So annoyed I didn't manage to get out today. I was really rough yesterday with congestion and sore throat, I felt awful. I decided I'd give it a miss today as I also had loads of stuff to catch up on.

I feel fine now, but still... :angry: Back to work tomorrow so I won't get out again til the weekend.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I just got back from a 33 miler; I'm on a diet, cutting right down on carbohydrates and really felt it!

Having said that, my thighs lasted long enough to do the sprint right at the end, and I got 11 PRs which I really wasn't expecting...

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I just did my first fixed-gear ride for 5 years; it was quite good, just not as good as freewheel!

I did forget a couple of times- have you ever noticed how expletives bounce off dry stone walls louder than ordinary words?

I was overtaken too close by not one but two grey-haired old coffin dodgers in rubbish cars. They are without doubt the worst drivers on the road. They mostly don't do it on purpose but that won't help matters.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
If you're wondering why I'm riding fixed (what with hating it and everything), it's because I'm planning on doing a track session at Newport Velodrome in the near future and I want to look like I know what I'm doing.

I just don't see... How do you actually sprint? I mean, how do you use that last 1% of effort, if you can't stop pedalling when you cross the line? I know you're supposed to let your legs go limp, but can anyone actually do that?

colly

Re member eR
An easy run out this morning. No intention of 'pushing it' but rather a bit of a hilly ride instead. Whatever, seeing as I had no breakfast before I went out the last 5 miles seemed like 105.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/11895913

Some really glorious views of Wharfedale with the early sun low in the sky setting everything in relief. Left my phone at home so.....................take my word for it.

Last edited:

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Today was freezing cold and the roads were treacherous; 1/2 inch of crystallised frost covering everything. I had to wear the gimp mask for the first time since last winter, but I managed 25 miles of good, fat-burning trudge before breakfast (which was a fried egg toastie). Mrs Narf had just finished on the turbo when I got back.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
...and today, for one of the shortest rides of the year! :biggrin: 7.8 miles; OK for a blow through before getting on with Christmas dinner (I'm working tomorrow).

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Put some real effort in today and got a load of PRs! Good morale booster after feeling a bit miserable.

Top Bottom