Today's Yellow Sticker Bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think they're just nasty...plenty of nice sweet things (I'm a grape fiend)

8 dates a day sounds like day for a Tinder addict :laugh: rather than an occasional boost

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I think they're just nasty...plenty of nice sweet things (I'm a grape fiend)

8 dates a day sounds like day for a Tinder addict :laugh: rather than an occasional boost

I've just laughed so hard that my cat (who was on my lap) has shot off and is staring at me looking most offended...

Grapes are good too.

I always keep some dates in my bar bag (in a mix of dried fruit) - the advantage is that they don't squish...

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
For reasons I won't go into here, I ended up in the huge Tesco Extra near here yesterday morning with Mrs ND.

They still had quite a lot of reduced Easter eggs so the following ended up in our basket:

Large Lindt Lindor Egg (was £10 :eek:, reduced to £3.75)
Large Tesco Finest "Gold" dark chocolate, orange and almond egg (reduced to £2.00)
Medium Green & Black organic milk chocolate egg (reduced to £1.25)
Guylian "Seashells" egg with 11 chocs (reduced to £1.75)

^_^

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I've had some good pickings lately, especially over the Easter hols...

A guinea fowl marked down to £2.28 from £7.50, beef fillet £3.88 instead of £15, 80p for two large fillets of basa (the cats enjoyed that!). Other items include a large bottle of Filippo Berio olive oil for 53p, 22p for a jar of jalapenos and three boxes of special K cereal at 70p a box. Also picked up cheddar, wensleydale, brie and taleggio. And eggs.

Oddly enough, no HCB on markdown, usually there're avalanches of them.

Also, Tesco have started to put security tags on the YS stuff that comes off the counters (meat, fish, deli). Guess stuff's been swiped once too often...

postman

Legendary Member
Also, Tesco have started to put security tags on the YS stuff that comes off the counters (meat, fish, deli). Guess stuff's been swiped once too often...

Pinching grazing are two things that wind me up in supermarkets,i have reported grazing before in our local Sainsbugs.There is a deli counter and people buy eat leave the wrappings in the shelving and then leave.I am hoping to catch one one day,and all hell will be let loose.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Pinching grazing are two things that wind me up in supermarkets,i have reported grazing before in our local Sainsbugs.There is a deli counter and people buy eat leave the wrappings in the shelving and then leave.I am hoping to catch one one day,and all hell will be let loose.

I'm with you on that one - it really gets my goat. You regularly see half eaten sandwiches and open bags of doughnuts hidden behind other stuff...

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
In Sainsbury's today (living the high life), and got these bad boys reduced to clear:
IMG_20190518_152645589.jpg

90p for the Cranborne Poacher from Badger Ales (a Gold Award winner, no less), 75p each for the other two.
The alcohol should numb some of the pain from tonight's Eurovision...^_^

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
My YS bags for the day: half price basa and plaice in Tesco, along with six 200g tubs of glace cherries at 15p a tub. :biggrin:

I see cherry cake in my future. :hungry:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Blimey, it's been a while since anyone bagged a bargain by the looks of things?

To be fair, I've had nowt worth posting for a while - the local Tesco have only been knocking pennies off the YS stuff lately, very rarely more than 10% off :eek:

Anyhow, was in Wilko this morning and was surprised to find Dog Advent Calendars reduced from £2 to just 75p.

Robbie was very pleased at this, but not so much that he has to wait for over a week for his first treat...:laugh:

Last edited:
the local Tesco have only been knocking pennies off the YS stuff lately, very rarely more than 10% off :eek:
my local sainsburys has been taking the p for some time with very minimal cuts on stuff on the sellby date. They clearly have a low opinion of the intelligence of their customers. Have even seen them toss stuff in the sellby date rack with no cut at all. My ys exploits with them long limited to stocking up now and again for freezing bread for toast.

Top Bottom