Today's Yellow Sticker Bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
One of These, with some yellow sticker linguine and pasta sauce (full price)

Attachments

• 59C9334B-5D70-4151-88F2-6869D446BB35.jpeg
    59C9334B-5D70-4151-88F2-6869D446BB35.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 57

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Mooching round my local Booths this week I got 12 bottles of Stella for £3.75. Not my favourite beer by any means but as something too have in reserve to good to miss.

Same store had around 300 packs of buffalo mozzarella at 50p. I just couldn’t think what to do with them!!!!

More usefully I picked up four organic chickens for £3.38 each. Two roast dinners, one chicken pie for two, a lunch sandwich and some stock for freezing from each. Three Ukrainian rye loaves down from £2.25 to 49p.

I love Booths as a store and genuinely worry about their future. Sadly we can’t afford the full prices on a regular basis. I guess I’m of some use as a customer happy to hoover up the bargains.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Was the ukrainian bread from the Kolos bakery @PaulSB ?

Buffalo mozzarella is a regular visitor to the YS cabinet in my local Co-op. Keeps really well as long as you don't open it. It's lush in a salad with tomato, basil and avocado, with a bit of salt & pepper and some olive oil drizzled over. :hungry:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Was the ukrainian bread from the Kolos bakery @PaulSB ?

Buffalo mozzarella is a regular visitor to the YS cabinet in my local Co-op. Keeps really well as long as you don't open it. It's lush in a salad with tomato, basil and avocado, with a bit of salt & pepper and some olive oil drizzled over. :hungry:

Sorry missed this. Yes it is Kolos bakery.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Really good yellow sticker hunting in Tesco this afternoon. Just me, Tall Guy and Mr Moustache in a store pretty devoid of punters - we were really lucky with the weather compared to most. When the other regulars aren't there, they're really friendly and things are very civilized. Loads to be had across the board today (bit thin on the veg front, but one can't have everything) so plenty of choice. Really chuffed with my haul - barring milk, won't need to do anything in the way of grocery shopping for a good fortnight. A few things didn't make the pics - like the kilo of vintage cave-aged cheddar for £4.50 and the large tins of royal wedding shortbread at £2 a pop...

P.S. The smoked salmon sammich was very tasty - especially at 25p LOL

IMG_5073_small.jpg

IMG_5074_small.jpg

IMG_5075_small.jpg

IMG_5076_small.jpg

IMG_5077_small.jpg

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Reynard you got all that in one Tesco today? Our local Tesco rarely has anything unless I’m looking in the wrong spot? There seems to be just a couple of shelves.

Booths on the other hand is very worthwhile visiting

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Yes I did @PaulSB - my local Tesco is pretty good. As is my local Co-op. Though today's haul was better than what's been par for course of late.

I've heard great things about Booths, but alas I'm too far south. :cry:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Top tip if you like yellow stickering Little Waitrose in petrol stations always have loads, really poor product selection for a petrol station terrible waste. Saw a bloke with three bags for less than three quid, he was apologising to the cashier "honestly I just come in for a ready meal on the way home from work and it's too tempting". Took an age to process lol

gbb

Legendary Member
Not so much yellow sticker bargains but occasionally, maybe once a year, Asda sell Castrol GTX fully synthetic oil cheap...like £11.50 for 4ltr of 5w30. You struggle to buy cheap oil for that kind of money.
My cars due a service. Asda have just put it on offer...duly brought some last night.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Resurrecting (apt considering it's nearly Easter) this thread by popular request...

Weektime yellow sticker lurk in Tesco tonight. Just me, Mr Moustache, Tall Guy, Elderly Couple and Cyclist. Haven't seen the couple and the cyclist for a while.

Not terribly much to be had outside of the bakery, just one case of chilled stuff (most of that was ready meals) and three cases of fruit and veg (mostly bagged salads and potatoes). But the deli counter and damaged goods bin turned up trumps - always pays to turn up before the others LOL!

Was quick and sharp enough to bag a ribeye steak, half a kilo of cheddar cheese, yoghurts, mixed olives and antipasti, coleslaw, mushrooms, pears, avocados, dark chocolate, a bag of jam doughnuts, sourdough bread, croissants and enough buns to feed an army.

Best buy were the six 100g bars of 70% dark chocolate at 15p a bar (short-dated) and the olives and antipasti off the deli counter - £25-worth for £2.

Also figured out why the Green & Black chocolate I bought last week was on clearance even though it still had more than a year to run on the date. Shelf says "NEW! £2"... Bloomin' bars are now 10% smaller... Ah well, at least I stocked up. Another buy earlier in the week was a stash of tins of tomato paste at 12p a tin.

Top Bottom