Today's Yellow Sticker Bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
[QUOTE 5157047, member: 259"]Some manchego and grana padano cheese in blocks, 70% off, so they're grated and in the freezer. And the fishmongers were practically giving skrei cod fillets away, so not much room left now. I only went out to get oxtail, but it's really hard to find on a Monday.[/QUOTE]

The makings of fish pie! :hungry:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Pickings have been slim in my local Tesco for a while, but there're still good deals to be had. Tonight's star items all came off the hot deli counter - which the other regulars missed because they were far too busy yacking amongst themselves. :laugh: They had loads of the smaller items left (no whole chickens though) and the chap manning the counter was just shovelling stuff into bags.

20 breaded chicken breast fillets - £1.20
10 cooked chicken thighs - £1.50
2 racks of bbq ribs - £1.50
2 racks smoked ribs - £1.20

Some of that is going to go into the freezer while the rest will make some very nice meals for the coming week or so. :hungry:

gbb

Legendary Member
The other day while shopping....
Pack of lean mince, was £6 plus, reduced to £3.90. more than enoigh for two meals, split then straight in the freezer.
1/2 dozen eggs, 40p, still in date. Could have had loads of em.
2 x 500g Lurpak spreadable butter, was £3.75 ea reduced to £1.84 e's. One in the freezer for later.
Chicken Jalfrezzi fresh meal, was £2.66 I think, reduced to £1.80, that got ate that night.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
One of the racks of smoked ribs I bought last week made the most fabby soup. Added a whole load of veg (carrot, onion, leek, celery, parsnip) and barley and just let it all simmer in the crock pot. :hungry:

Total cost around £1 for a cauldron of soup that lasted the two of us for four days.

Reactions: gbb

midlife

Guru
"Back of the fridge" hunt ; .found the peas pudding but its sell by date was the 24th March . Had a sniff and smelt a bit vinegary so out it went......5 p down on the deal :sad:

"Back of the fridge" hunt ; .found the peas pudding but its sell by date was the 24th March . Had a sniff and smelt a bit vinegary so out it went......5 p down on the deal :sad:
I know literally nothing about pease pudding, except the serving suggestions...
Pease pudding hot, pease pudding cold,
Pease pudding in a pot, nine days old;
Some like it hot, some like it cold,
Some like it in a pot, nine days old.

Sounds like it was just about ready, and you binned it!

Edit: ah! It's dahl.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Mrs N on holiday so popped into Tesco to pick up a few bits

Seems they've overstocked whole legs of lamb for Easter weekend. They were selling them half price

I have to be honest and say I'm not overfamiliar with lamb prices but, at discount, they were £5/kg which sounds cheap. Needless to say I checked with Mrs N....said leg of lamb now in the fridge, and ok to April 8 too

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
One from Tesco - every little helps...

00T.JPG

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/woman-spots-most-pointless-discount-1600666

:laugh:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
:laugh:

I saw a similar 1p off yellow sticker on some ducks in Tesco a little while ago.

This, on the other hand (last week's wee haul when I popped in en passant one morning for milk and bananas) is much more like it...

IMG_5060_small.jpg

L to R: finest red pepper & chilli chutney, heinz reduced sugar & salt ketchup, healthy boy thai sweet chilli sauce, green giant sweetcorn, 2x heinz chilli beans, meridian almond & coconut butter ans 2x heinz mexican beans.

Wednesday in the Co-op, bagged a 28 day aged hereford beef fillet steak marked down from £6.07 to £1.52. And very nice it was as well. :hungry:

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom