Today's Yellow Sticker Bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Local news last night said 122 stores in the East of England... which I think includes those in Cambridgeshire.

East of England Co-op is independent of the rest of the Co-op business, and we don't have any of their shops in this neck of the woods. The Co-op here is affiliated to the central region. Though if they do roll it out here, I'm not going to complain :laugh:

Think the local Waitrose has also done away with their YS cabinet judging by what I saw in there last week. But then again, what with all the Xmas lines on the shelves, maybe they just needed the extra space... :whistle:

gbb

Legendary Member
Shopping night, not much in the reduced bay but got a dozen eggs, reduced from £2 to 86p. Ironically they are still well within date, which was /is the 13th.

I feel a big omelette coming on.

gbb

Legendary Member
Shopping night, not much in the reduced bay but got a dozen eggs, reduced from £2 to 86p. Ironically they are still well within date, which was /is the 13th.

I feel a big omelette coming on.
So a snack tonight, a two egg omelette between two slices of bread. 14p for two eggs and maybe 10p for the bread. A 24p snack courtesy of a yellow sticker bargain.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Had a few bargains in Tesco this evening:

5 packs of four ripen-in-the-fruit-bowl avocadoes at 19p a pack. So that's 95p for 20 avocadoes.
2 "finest" smoked salmon & prawn sandwiches at 30p each.
2 turkey & trimmings wraps at 25p each
Large tub of coleslaw at 10p
Tub of "finest" beetroot & feta salad at 21p
A whole smoked chicken breast at 31p
A tub of "finest" salted caramel dessert at 30p
1 pint of milk 6p
A sage, onion & cranberry bread at 40p
A pack with two ostrich steak fillets at 52p

That's around £31 worth of groceries for £3.95 :biggrin:

Really pleased with the avocadoes - they will keep up to a month in the veg drawer in the fridge.

gbb

Legendary Member
20171215_170734.jpg

A meal for 1, chicken tikka masala and rice....reduced from £2.40 to £1.42. That's tonights tea sorted, better than spending £6 on fish n chips.
The rest will be in the freezer or eaten this weekend.

We went out for celebrate-tea before the SmallestCub's karate class, and didn't have time for pud so I suggested we'd nip into the shop on the way home after to look for something nice. "Yellow stickers of joy!", quoth the Cub, as he found posh yoghurts down to (he calculated) 25% of their original price, and mini pancakes with chocolate sauce for 25p, and teacakes to toast for breakfast at 30p for four, and berries and watermelon for pennies instead of pounds.

He's well trained, that one. Altho he did point out that the stickers were actually orange.

Top Bottom