Today's Yellow Sticker Bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Popped into Tesco tonight as I needed a few bits and pieces - milk, cat food and a few other cupboard staples. Very quiet in store, not a regular to be seen (rare, that), so had first pick of the reductions. Nothing in any great quantity, it's always like that for the first 6 to 8 weeks after Christmas. Still, didn't come home empty-handed:

City kitchen katsu chicken curry ready meal - 88p
Veggie lasagne ready meal - 57p
Ginsters cornish pasties - 3 @ 38p each
Pack of 4 veggie spring rolls - 50p
Finest bbq chicken wings - 63p
Finest champagne truffle profiteroles - 2 boxes @ 75p each
Whole papaya - 15p
Whole pineapples - 2 @ 25p each
Whole butternut squash - 2 @ 25p each
Rye bread - 26p
Pane pugliese - 64p
Crumpets - 15p
Big (Christmas) box of Fox's biscuits - £1

Best buy were the biscuits, marked down from £7 to £1. Was the last box in the shop, but hey ho. Will be keeping an eye out as they have job lots of Carr's biscuits for cheese on clearance (only 50p off at the moment) and the metal tins of Quality Street marked down from £5 to £3 a tin. Hoping they'll knock some more off from both of those...

gbb

Legendary Member
Ooh, taking a gamble on stuff I've never tried...
From Asdas fresh takeaway meals range...
2x Keralan Prawn (king prawns in a coconut sauce with tamarind, curry leaves and mustard seeds)....was just under £4 each I think.....reduced to 40p :laugh:
2x Chicken Dopiaza with roasted onion sauce etc...was £2.08 each .reduced to 40p as well.

Also..
2 packs of 3 thinly cut slices of steak with Brazilian barbecue sauce ... were £4 each I think...reduced to 75p each. I'll maybe save them for the summer.

So circa £19 worth reduced to £3.10 :okay:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Popped into our local Aldi and noticed they had a lot of Prosecco Magnums left over from Christmas. Must have been at least 30 bottles.

They'll never shift them in decent time without a hefty discount. So whilst they don't do "yellow stickers" (as far as I am aware), I will be sending Mrs N in on a regular basis to do battle with other middle-class fizzy drinkers once they discount them to clear

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Best stickered bargains I've ever had were at Tesco years ago - they had some ready meal curries which were two for one with a free pack of naan breads. The yellow sticker discount was applied to the curries independently despite the two for one and to the naans despite the fact they were freebies with the curries, so I got the curries for next to nothing and they effectively ended up paying me to take the naans away.

MarkF

Guru
I have my lunch sorted for today, called in at Asda last night, a red pepper & salad cheese (?) orzo salad, with black pearl barley, courgettes, spinach, sunblushed tomatoes in a basil dressing. £2.75 reduced to .75p. :okay:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I have my lunch sorted for today, called in at Asda last night, a red pepper & salad cheese (?) orzo salad, with black pearl barley, courgettes, spinach, sunblushed tomatoes in a basil dressing. £2.75 reduced to .75p. :okay:

How did you pay? Fathings went out of circulation ages ago!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Half-price Aberdeen Angus beef rib. A kilo of really good meat for £9.30.
Not quite as good at the time I got two fillet steaks for just over a quid, but not far off!

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Popped into Waitrose the other evening just as they were knocking down their ISB stuff. Picked up a sourdough loaf for 49p. Also, off the deli counter, 200g of mortadella di bologna for 78p. And a pack of Rannoch's smoked duck breast for £1.87. Do me nicely for lunchtime sandwiches.

Hopefully (if things go to plan) will take myself off to Tesco on Sunday afternoon as the fridge is looking depressingly empty.

MarkF

Guru

Was bleedin horrible, waste of .75p!

gbb

Legendary Member
Had one of the two packs of thin cut steak with carribean sauce (£4 down to 75p) tonight with new potatoes peas mushroom and onions. :hungry:
Most excellent...even if I did have to scrape off the excess sauce with masses of chilli seeds ...the flavour was lovely.
Potatoes cost more than the meat ^_^

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I took a large slab of pork belly out of the freezer that I bought a little while ago on YS for £1.80. Slow roasted it with onions and had it with mashed potatoes (from a bag I bought for 38p), lentils (store cupboard staple) and glazed parsnips (10p the bag). :hungry:

There's enough for tomorrow as well. Works out about 70p a head all in. Not bad at all.

Reactions: gbb

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Best stickered bargains I've ever had were at Tesco years ago - they had some ready meal curries which were two for one with a free pack of naan breads. The yellow sticker discount was applied to the curries independently despite the two for one and to the naans despite the fact they were freebies with the curries, so I got the curries for next to nothing and they effectively ended up paying me to take the naans away.

We did similar - we got three carrier bags full of stuff on multibuys and if it hadn't been for the fact we'd also bought the Sunday papers they would have owed us money! I think the total bill was under two quid.
The freezer was full that week.:laugh:

A week or two later a sign went up stating that reduced items were not eligible for multibuy discounts... :sad:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
A week or two later a sign went up stating that reduced items were not eligible for multibuy discounts... :sad:

It depends which discounts, I've found. BOGOF definitely doesn't work, but the 3 for 2 on the fruit & veg certainly does, as does the multi-buy on pre-packaged meat and fish. I've had some sizeably amounts knocked off my bill that way.

Top Bottom