Today's Yellow Sticker Bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
The hospital has got a new M&S (To improve the visitors shopping experience................) and I found out yesterday that the sandwiches start getting reduced early evening with a final reduction at 7pm. I bought a poached salmon, water cress & cucumber £3.80 sandwich for .35p and it was lovely, worth at least £2.50. My ambition now is to get one of the crayfish and rocket £4 sandwiches for a similar price. :okay:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Not too much to be had in Tesco tonight, but still productive nonetheless.

Tray of 4 pork chops - 51p
Tray of pork stir fry - 50p
Pack of two smoked haddock fillets - 2 @ 50p each
Tub of houmous - 31p
Pack of cooked smoked beef brisket - £1.52
4-pack jacket potatoes - 2 @ 25p each
Punnet of forestiere mushrooms - 2 @ 25p each
Punnet of strawberries - 2 @ 69p each
2-pack avocadoes - 2 @ 44p each
Punnet of raspberries - 50p
Chocolate cheesecake (serves 6) - 60p
750g tubs of Haribo - 2 @ £2.50 each
Pint of milk - 9p

On the other hand, I was hoping to snag some reduced bread, but there wasn't any. It's not often I buy a loaf full price :laugh: Chap who does the reductions was working the till tonight, so we had a whinwag. Apparently there'll be a lot tomorrow according to him, so may well mosey down for a gander.

My lovely 90 year old neighbour will appreciate the pork chops and the haddock. He loves smoked haddock, but can't afford to buy it full price, bless him.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Was in our local Tesco yesterday & got a few yellow sticker bargains, cycling related too :okay:
SCI-MX Pro2go flapjack was £1.80, reduced to 18p & Pro2go duo bar was £2.00 reduced to 20p. Just 5 of each left, so it would have been rude not to clear the shelf for them ^_^

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Nipped into Waitrose on Tuesday morning and snagged four 500g tubs of Yeo Valley yoghurt at 42p each marked down from £1.50. Parental unit likes yoghurt for brekkie, so that's sorted.

gbb

Legendary Member
Weds evening is shopping night so I'll often have fish and chips on the way home....circa £7.00
Tonight in Asda, Main for Two, fresh meals, chicken jalfrezi, reduced to 40p and a tomato and cheese naan bread reduced to 20p.

Tea for 60p, nice too.:hungry: , not the healthiest of eating but....

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Neat :okay:

Last night I swung by Tesco to pick up a few bits and bobs and snagged, for a friend of mine who has a miniature Schnauzer, three 2kg bags of Barking Heads dry dog food marked down to 72p a bag with still 15 months left to run on the date.

For me, I got a serves 24 triple layer chocolate cake for £3 marked down from £12. I can't bake it for that... :blink:

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Forgot this one, Weds shopping included a pack of ..Dennys Fire and Smoke Chipotle ham.....I guess it's probably about £2 normally....20p:laugh:

Very nice in my sandwiches today with a lick of mustard.

20p...^_^

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
That ham sounds lush :hungry: I had roast turkey and avocado sarnies for lunch. The avocado was 25p (but still have half in the fridge for tomorrow) and the pack of deli counter roast turkey was 55p, but there are still several sandwiches and cat snackettes left.

Friend was thrilled with the dog food.:smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
Tonight's tea....Asda chilled meals, beef in black pepper madras, reduced to 50p.
Eaten with egg fried rice :hungry:.
Fish and chips would be the normal tea tonight, £7.50. Instead, my tea cost £1.50. Bonus :thumbsup:...and it tasted good :thumbsup:

On the downside, I think I got there 2 minutes too late, a mum and daughter had half a trolly filled with yellow stickered stuff..:sad:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Aaaargh, that's frustrating when that happens. :banghead: But hey, that's a pretty good tea :thumbsup:

Last Friday I went to Tesco for fuel, and was standing in the queue for the till, and I happened to be next to the chiller cabinet. Spotted a couple of yellow stickers so bent down to have a looksy. As well as the petrol, I came home with two packs of sliced ham at 9p a pack and two packs of back bacon at 10p a pack. :biggrin: Had bacon butties when I got back from the cat show on Saturday.

Had a good run Easter Saturday and Easter Monday. None of the regulars were there - well, actually, Tesco was pretty empty generally - and had first dibs on everything and filled up the fridge and freezer. Best buys were an organic free range chicken for 81p which did for Easter lunch and a beef joint marked down from £28 to £5 - nearly 2.5kg, so sawed it into three and froze it. :hungry:

Week before Easter, I bagged several expensive party cakes (the ones that are £10 or £12 each) for between 30p and 50p a pop. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Popped into the co-op on the way back from renewing my railcard. Picked up a 500g tub of posh greek yoghurt for 50p, a 600g tub of coleslaw for 32p and a pack with six brioche rolls for 32p.

And in the newsagent's, snagged four lindt chocolate bunnies for 12p each.

@Reynard's bargains secret:
new-8-characters-universal-price-tag-pricing-labeller-gun-for-supermarket-yellow_7050357.jpe

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Not much of anything to be had in Tesco tonight. Both the chilled produce and fruit & veg cabinets were almost bare and I know they don't mark down the ISB stuff on a Saturday night. Matters weren't helped by a swarm of regulars who suddenly appeared out of the woodwork just as they brought out the single tray of pre-packed bread.

I managed to snag me two small loaves - was down to my last six slices of bread, which is one reason why I went tonight.

However, while everyone else was distracted by the bread and muttering rather sourly that the few trays of bbq meats lurking in the cabinet were dated for tomorrow and were marked down by 15%, the chap who mans the hot deli counter beckoned me over. I had first dibs on what he was reducing and picked out a couple of bits before he took them back to the cabinet near the store entrance.

After the other regulars had cleared off, the manager comes out of the back with the one and only crate of today's reductions, walks up to me and says "take your pick before I put the rest on the shelf."

Shows it's always worthwhile being polite to the staff - not just to the lads and lasses doing the reductions, but also to the bods on the till and to the security guard on the door etc. Saying please and thank you and hello doesn't cost me anything, but it's not the first time stuff's been brought out after everyone else has left. So, tonight's acquisitions:

sausagemeat stuffed roast-in-the-bag chicken - £1.50
bag full of cooked chicken thighs - £1.50
cheese & smoked ham panninis - 2@ 50p each
punnet of raspberries - 50p
cabbage medley - 31p
tub of pickled red cabbage - 25p
tub of mixed green veg with herb butter - 60p
400g warburtons sliced loaf - 2@ 8p
pack of Rankin's potato farls - 12p
falafel wrap - 59p

The stuffed chicken and the veg will do me very nicely for tomorrow. All I need to do is rustle up some roasties. :hungry:

Top Bottom