Today's Yellow Sticker Bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I quoted the sections I did because I'd remembered them and it seems to me to be clear to anyone reading her accounts that she's well-mannered.
I quoted the sections I did because they could be used to demonstrate that Reynard was rather the opposite to what you suggested, whether she is or not.

Your question didn't sound general to me, being specifically asked of Reynard and asking if she behaved in the anti-social way you described.
Yes, I can see where you're coming from.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Are you one of those people that stands behind the shop worker while they try to reduce stuff with your elbows flailing trying to stop anybody else from getting close? Or maybe one of those that pick up EVERY SINGLE PACK of reduced rolls before crushing them and slinging them back? I like the opportunity to buy a reduced item if it's something that I needed, but seeing people acting like animals to save a few pounds on products that I'm willing to bet go in the bin a few days later because they didn't really want them anyway, well it sickens me frankly.

No, I'm not.

In the Tesco I that frequent, they take the stuff out the back to mark it down and bring it out one case at a time (well, mostly). Besides, as I've said earlier in this thread, I abhor throwing food away. There's no point in taking anything I'm not going to use or don't have the space for in the freezer.

Yes, I'll openly admit that I'm a dyed-in-the-wool yellow sticker-er, but I only take what I need for myself and my neighbour and I won't go back for groceries until the fridge is looking depressingly empty. That's typically once a fortnight. Sometimes it's more often than that, other times I can leave it for longer - it just depends on what's available, the time of the year, the weather etc.

P.S. I am a "regular", but I've been going to this particular branch of Tesco for the best part of 12 years. You do kind of get to know people after a while, and as I've said before, being polite never hurts.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
[QUOTE 4938690, member: 259"]Not really yellow sticker but the Thai shop we get tons of stuff from is closing until the end of September for annual holidays and we got given so much free food we could eat free for a week. I'm going to have to wean the dog's onto fresh chilis![/QUOTE]

You could always dry or freeze the chillis. Or make chilli jam. :smile:

Sounds like you've got a good relationship with the peeps running the place. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
It's good on grilled sausages too :hungry:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I got a 300ml tub of double cream for 19p on its expiry date and used it to make a nice bit of butter and more than enough buttermilk to make soda bread to spread it on.

(Picture shows about half the butter left.)

View attachment 370405

That's on my "to do" list for tomorrow. Making butter that is. :smile:

Managed to acquire some double cream on YS this evening at 10p a tub. Given that butter has gone up again since last week, it's worth a whirl.

Top Bottom