Today's Yellow Sticker Bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Aye, I was in Tesco the other day getting my stone-ground wholemeal flour (cheapest there is) and picked up 12 assorted Brewdog beers for £10 instead of £18 only because the box was burst!

That's a really neat little scoop on the beer! :thumbsup:

Actually, I really rate the Tescos stoneground wholemeal bread flour - as you say, it's pretty much the cheapest, but it's actually nicer than some of the significantly more expensive ones.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
That's a really neat little scoop on the beer!

Ha, it wasn't even for me!

Actually, I really rate the Tescos stoneground wholemeal bread flour - as you say, it's pretty much the cheapest, but it's actually nicer than some of the significantly more expensive ones.

I like it because it's the only one I can find locally that isn't roller-milled, which strips out so much more of the goodness. Usually stone-ground is dearer and I've been waiting for the price to go up but it hasn't. Don't tell them!

gbb

Legendary Member
Never seem to be in Asda at the right time but this afternoon...
£2.50 packs of breaded ham, reasonable quality, reduced to £1....and a few pennies. Got two, one for us, one for our daughter in law and grandkids.
Pizza Express fresh pizza, recommended £4.70 ( stupid not real price) reduced to £2.50 ( normal price)..reduced to £1.22.
Got three, one at least for DIL again....ddepends how they taste, she may get a second one.

gbb

Legendary Member
Never seem to be in Asda at the right time but this afternoon...
Blah blah blah....
Pizza Express fresh pizza, recommended £4.70 ( stupid not real price) reduced to £2.50 ( normal price)..reduced to £1.22.
Got three, one at least for DIL again....ddepends how they taste, she may get a second one.
Sorry Zoe, just tried one, two for me, one for you :laugh:

stephec

Legendary Member
Aye, I was in Tesco the other day getting my stone-ground wholemeal flour (cheapest there is) and picked up 12 assorted Brewdog beers for £10 instead of £18 only because the box was burst!
Something similar for me the other day as well, eleven cans of Punk in a bin bag for a tenner.

Happy days, hic. :smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
A quick trip to Tesco for bread and milk, a mosey past the reduced section...a ready meal Korma, should have been £3 I think...£1..05. :okay:

I had been considering what to have, my wife wasn't hungry, so boiled up some rice, sorted...and cheap.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
How about even better than YS?

Mrs ND was in Morrisons at lunchtime and they were giving stuff away!!!
Something to do with it being Freshers Week, and although Mrs ND still has her youthful good looks it's a while since either of us were mistaken for students :laugh:

Got a packet of dried spaghetti (which we'll use with tomorrows tea), a pack of 4 lemon muffins (now a pack of 2 lemon muffins) and a box of vegetable cup soups (which will come in handy for a quick warm up after a ride now it's getting cold), all for a big round nowt. :okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I like it because it's the only one I can find locally that isn't roller-milled, which strips out so much more of the goodness. Usually stone-ground is dearer and I've been waiting for the price to go up but it hasn't. Don't tell them!

I'm luckier than most I suppose. There's a Waitrose in town that has a good selection of stone ground flours, though they've stopped stocking my favourite Bacheldre Mills rye :cry:, plus the local Co-op has the Marriages in. And there's a mill a few miles up the road where I can buy flour as well. But I still reach for the Tesco wholemeal flour most times.

It's the bog standard white bread flour that's gone up loads of late. Haven't bought any in a little while as I picked up a job lot on YS last year...

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
How about even better than YS?

Mrs ND was in Morrisons at lunchtime and they were giving stuff away!!!
Something to do with it being Freshers Week, and although Mrs ND still has her youthful good looks it's a while since either of us were mistaken for students :laugh:

Got a packet of dried spaghetti (which we'll use with tomorrows tea), a pack of 4 lemon muffins (now a pack of 2 lemon muffins) and a box of vegetable cup soups (which will come in handy for a quick warm up after a ride now it's getting cold), all for a big round nowt. :okay:

Chapeau! :biggrin:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Supper this evening was baked camembert :hungry:

Picked up four individual breaded camemberts (400g of cheese in total) plus the accompanying pots of chutney for £1.28 in Sainsbury's the other afternoon. Don't often go to Sainsbobs, but just happened to be passing by at the right time. :smile: Still have enough for another meal.

Another scoop, not strictly YS, but bought five extra large avocadoes for £1 on my favourite street market and 1 1/2 lbs of fresh root ginger for £1, also on said market. As to the ginger, I plan on pickling some (a la sushi ginger) and candying the rest. :hungry:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
[QUOTE 4961928, member: 259"]Not strictly a yellow sticker, but got 4 massive cabbages for nowt after buying more than 10 euros of stuff at the market. So that's the huge sauerkraut fermentation jar sorted.[/QUOTE]

Mmmmmmm, choucroute garni... :hungry:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Nothing major today in Tesco today, but still a tasty little bargain nonetheless: two sharing bags of McCoys chip shop curry flavour crisps marked down from £1.49 to 30p each. That'll do me for a few packed lunches.

Also, they have Terry's chocolate oranges on buy one get two free. :hungry:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Nothing major today in Tesco today, but still a tasty little bargain nonetheless: two sharing bags of McCoys chip shop curry flavour crisps marked down from £1.49 to 30p each. That'll do me for a few packed lunches.

Also, they have Terry's chocolate oranges on buy one get two free. :hungry:
There's no way you'll manage three chocolate oranges - I'll take one off your hands if you could pop it in the post to me...

Top Bottom