Today's Yellow Sticker Bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thought I'd start a thread for fellow yellow sticker-ers to share their bargains. ^_^

I'll start with mine - did my usual Sunday Lurk in Tesco today. The first few weeks after Christmas can be a bit iffy, but still managed a pretty decent haul. Not as much knocked off as there can be sometimes, but still very worthwhile nonetheless. As usual, shared with my lovely 90 year old neighbour:

Large chicken - £1.35
Pack of smoked haddock - £1.20
Dressed crab - £2.50
Pack of prawns - 96p
Large tub finest coleslaw - 57p
Large tub potato salad - 50p
Pack of 9 mini cheese & onion rolls - 53p
Paella ready meals, 2 - 75p each
Case of mangoes - £1
Desiree potatoes, 2 bags - 38p each
Punnet of blueberries - 50p
Pack of pears - 22p
Bag of apples - 50p
Punnet of chestnut mushrooms - 31p
Pack of gold kiwi - 38p
Finest chocolate cheesecake - £1.20
Teacakes, 3 packs of 6 - 30p each
Gu hazelnut praline tarts, 2 packs - 90p each
Gu chocolate pudding things, 2 packs - 90p each
Rice pudding (serves 4) - 50p

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I don't think I managed any today, but I was drinking a bottle of wine that I bought on a half price yellow sticker tonight!

Does this count as a yellow label?
717997156793d07b26c33df2bf004d84.jpg

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Actually, a lovely ripe mango is one of life's little pleasures. :smile:

Sandra6

Veteran
Thought I'd start a thread for fellow yellow sticker-ers to share their bargains. ^_^

I'll start with mine - did my usual Sunday Lurk in Tesco today. The first few weeks after Christmas can be a bit iffy, but still managed a pretty decent haul. Not as much knocked off as there can be sometimes, but still very worthwhile nonetheless. As usual, shared with my lovely 90 year old neighbour:

Large chicken - £1.35
Pack of smoked haddock - £1.20
Dressed crab - £2.50
Pack of prawns - 96p
Large tub finest coleslaw - 57p
Large tub potato salad - 50p
Pack of 9 mini cheese & onion rolls - 53p
Paella ready meals, 2 - 75p each
Case of mangoes - £1
Desiree potatoes, 2 bags - 38p each
Punnet of blueberries - 50p
Pack of pears - 22p
Bag of apples - 50p
Punnet of chestnut mushrooms - 31p
Pack of gold kiwi - 38p
Finest chocolate cheesecake - £1.20
Teacakes, 3 packs of 6 - 30p each
Gu hazelnut praline tarts, 2 packs - 90p each
Gu chocolate pudding things, 2 packs - 90p each
Rice pudding (serves 4) - 50p
Will you eat all that or is some destined for the freezer or , dare I say, bin?!
I bought some £3.19 "finest" pasta for 79p the other day but mr6 said it was awful.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Will you eat all that or is some destined for the freezer or , dare I say, bin?!
I bought some £3.19 "finest" pasta for 79p the other day but mr6 said it was awful.

Nothing goes in the bin here if I can help it - I hate wasting food. Some has been frozen, some will keep well enough in the fridge or unheated utility room (fruit, veg, buns) while other stuff will be eaten straight away. My retired farmer neighbour took the chicken off my hands, the cheese and onion rolls, the smoked haddock and a fair bit of the cakes & buns. The prawns and the crab are a treat for my cats... :blush: Ok, not *all* of the prawns and crab, because I'll be making seafood linguini with slow-roasted tomatoes for tomorrow's supper. :hungry:

That's the thing about YS groceries - you can try stuff and say what you really think of the food without being influenced by the price. I've had some things that I've subsequently bought for the full whack. On the flip side, I've had some real clunkers that I've struggled (wo)manfully to eat...

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Old chestnut. :laugh: The same thing happened in the Tesco I use over the Xmas... They had duck crowns (same brand), also with a 1p mark down. Spoke to one of the chaps who does the reductions wondering what was going on - turns out that the original barcodes wouldn't go through the tills, so they slapped on a YS with the 1p off.

Top Bottom