Toe Clip Covers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What about some mudguards?
yes!

well, I don't have them on the road bike, I tend to use it in fair weather only, cold is OK but don't take it out in active precipitation. I've been tempted to use it on what I thought that day would be, wet ground but no rain, but I normally don't because my nice cleated shoes aren't protected (until now)

my MTB has fenders, year 'round
my hybrid lost it's fenders when I thought I was going to sell it. but I kept it, so I might put them back on

but fenders don't protect from side spray, or when you turn the wheel

Drago

Legendary Member
The Breezeblockers Aeroguard was a similar thing for clipless pedals,

The Breezeblockers Aeroguard was a similar thing for clipless pedals,
oh I did not know that! thank you! & I only just heard about them in general. I'd be interested to see how they attach to the pedals

but I was just cleaning my shoes from the sand stuck on the outer & innner surfaces. when it's really bad, my winter boots will be used. a cpl more sketchy months ahead so not sure how much use the covers will get

alternately, I'm waiting for a new set of MTB shoe covers

sometimes going for a ride is like making a meal. one must choose an entree, assemble the ingredients & utensils, then timing everything, prepare the end product. in our case that would be a perfectly kitted individual & bike. well, one can try anyway

I reckon a full fairing next, like I used to have on my old Suzuki GSX250 :laugh:

But seriously....I use toe-clips, & avoid the cold (weak & feeble!)....maybe they could help.....or perhaps just some neoprene toe covers and loosen the clips....
These are ANOTHER weapon alongside 'guards. Also, toe-covers will only fit certain shoes well - with these you can stuff in whatever street shoes you have handy (possibly vv warm hiking boots).

harder than I thought to get pics of spray hitting the covers
I think you've taking some amazing pics
This one looks grand; you won't need any more photos for the adverts, when you launch your Lone Peak Toe Clip Cover business:
actp1068-2-jpg.jpg

I think you've taking some amazing pics. This one looks grand; you won't need any more photos for the adverts, when you launch your Lone Peak Toe Clip Cover business:
oh thank you, you're very kind. I have fun taking the pics but sometimes I'm a bit embarrassed at the lengths I go to. but every now & then I get a winner. I need to figure out a better way to carry my camera stick. right now I have to stop, get off the bike & get it from being strapped to my rear rack/trunk. expand or collapse it etc. would like to rig a horizontal caddy, of some kind, along the top tube ...

by the way these aren't mine - I bought them from Lone Peak on Amazon! I highly recommend the brand. they also seem to have other interesting products!

Last edited:

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
yesterday the conditions were just right. high 40sF, heavy rain subsided so it was wet but not raining, & not cold. normally a 2 hr ride would leave me w/ wet shoes & cold toes. swapped the pedals from the hybrid to the fenderless road bike & slide on the bar mitts too. I guess they performed as intended w/ the light hiking shoes. the bike got super nasty from the wet debris on the paved trail, but my shoes remained largely clean & dry. got surprised by a short rain shower which got the rest of the shoes wet, so I wouldn't recommend these for riding in the rain. took the sportcam & cam stick for some test photos. harder than I thought to get pics of spray hitting the covers

View attachment 569349

View attachment 569350
View attachment 569351
View attachment 569352
View attachment 569353
View attachment 569354
View attachment 569355

View attachment 569356

View attachment 569358

nice to have a wind barrier too. now if it will snow a little more ...
:whistle:

This may seem a bit shallow but I have to ask who made the shoes?

Need some new walking shoes, waterproof, preferably leather and a bit more substantial than trainers.

Tried Timberland but they didn't fit so please point me in the right direction

by the way these aren't mine - I bought them from Lone Peak on Amazon! I highly recommend the brand.
Doh! I'm an idiot - I skim-read the thread and thought you'd made these yourself out of a totally unrelated Lone Peak product. :P
(p.s. the product page at the top is now out of production. I expect eleventy people have posted this already ... )

... since I'm a fan of barmitts, I've thought of making my own mini-clip pedal covers out of giant Dunkin Donuts neoprene coffee cup cozies

Doh! I'm an idiot - I skim-read the thread and thought you'd made these yourself out of a totally unrelated Lone Peak product. :P
(p.s. the product page at the top is now out of production. I expect eleventy people have posted this already ... )
no worries, but what link? this is the link for the covers I just copied after clicking the link in post #1

View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9RLW30/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but you picked up on an "idea" to make my own. I still might, if I can use tape &/or glue, instead of stictching/sewing

:whistle:

This may seem a bit shallow but I have to ask who made the shoes?

Need some new walking shoes, waterproof, preferably leather and a bit more substantial than trainers.

Tried Timberland but they didn't fit so please point me in the right direction
no, not at all shallow. this is crowd sourcing! info sharing at it's finest!

one pair I like very much for your purpose, but not used on the bike
Columbia Men's Lakeview Ii Low Hiking Shoe

another that I liked
Columbia Men's Peakfreak Venture Waterproof Trail Sneaker

the shoes I use on the bike are also Columbia but I can't find a link or name. they are leather & not waterproof

I think you've taking some amazing pics
This one looks grand; you won't need any more photos for the adverts, when you launch your Lone Peak Toe Clip Cover business:
they incorporated 2 of the pics on their website, one of which that you liked. but they had to photoshop the logo to make it upright. I had to really dig to find them, but they are there!

https://lonepeakpacks.com/product/toe-clip-covers/

Last edited:

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
no, not at all shallow. this is crowd sourcing! info sharing at it's finest!

one pair I like very much for your purpose, but not used on the bike
Columbia Men's Lakeview Ii Low Hiking Shoe

another that I liked
Columbia Men's Peakfreak Venture Waterproof Trail Sneaker

the shoes I use on the bike are also Columbia but I can't find a link or name. they are leather & not waterproof

Thanks you but nothing like that size 12 on GB website.

Most of my walking is "in town" and I'd really like a classic look in brown leather. But can't find anything that's not a shoe...

Top Bottom