toe overlap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Is this only a problem on road bikes if you've got massive feet like me? Or is it because some frames are not properly proportioned or something?
Who has this problem and what bike do you have?

thanks

walker

I think we've seen this before Maz,

is it a road bike or a hybrid/mtb?

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
RedBike said:
It's very common on most road bikes. Never normally causes a problem.
I was hoping you wouldn't say that. ;)
How is it not normally a problem? Do you stop pedalling when turning?

walker

miloat said:
Most bikes have it nothing to worry about tbh unless your incapable of riding a bike.

No, this is wrong, if it is a road bike it doesn't I have not yet come across a road bike that has overlap.

as I said, if its a hybrid or a tourer yes, but not a road bike.

TallPhil

Maz said:
I was hoping you wouldn't say that. :blush:
How is it not normally a problem? Do you stop pedalling when turning?
I have some overlap on my (custom-built Roberts) tourer. It has never been a problem. I don't know about you, but I never turn the front wheel enough for the guard to be in front of my toes in normal riding - it would be quite some turn! Maybe when manoeuvering, but then with a foot out of the clips anyway.

walker

miloat said:
I have come across one although much more without it I agree.
Twas a rather odd bataglyn frame though.

Ah those Bataglyn frames, Always looked better than a colnago in my eyes, never handled just as good though:biggrin:

Milo

Guru
Sorry tim that sounded a bit ott.
I have always found if you do have it its one of those thing you automatically cater for if you get what I mean.
They look lovely and ride lovely but the toe overlap is just plain silly on it.
Though that is the only one I have ever had a go on.

gavintc

Guru
It is a problem on the shorter framed road bikes. I have not ridden many bikes as I am relatively new to road cycling. But, all 3 carbon bikes I have ridden had two overlap, but my winter Ribble does not.

To be honest, it is not a problem. You only notice when moving slowly in a car park or perhaps turning out of a junction from stationary. When you are actually spinning along - completely ignorable.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I have a toe overlap. I found out when i first took my bike out, it didnt stop me but it was annoying.
I dont have a problem with it though, even at low speeds, and really really low speeds and taking sharp courners. Even when i was learning to track stand i didnt have a problem. Aswell as on this thing i was doing where i slowly got the handlebars as far as they could go whilst i was peddling.

Top Bottom