Tomorrow I go fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Colour? Just frame or with Alpina forks? Hope you specified road forks if you got the forks :P Else you will be riding brakeless :smile:

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
White, black alpina track forks. Will be getting them drilled.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
White, black alpina track forks. Will be getting them drilled.

They are carbon, so unless they they have a large alu section in them ready to drill then you wont be able to get them drilled. I'd make sure your LBS knows what they are doing and knows the forks well enough! Or you could just request road forks (exactly the same but pre-drilled).

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
I bought the F&F second hand, not from Dolan - so no choices there.

The forks appear to be eminently drillable - tapping them suggests the carbon is only in the blades themselves - the crown is much more solid. That and it has a panel in the centre of the forks front and back which also suggests drillability.

And I've heard other people have done so with these forks.

Won't be getting LBS to drill them - have a friend who's a materials engineer for Rolls Royce and keen bike fettler, with access to the best equipment for drilling holes in things imaginable. So if anyone can drill a hole in something with confidence it's him!

Tim Hall

Well i've been riding Fixed now for a week and thoroughly enjoying it...but am going out later on the Geared Roadbike so that will feel strange.... but need to use it a little before the next FNRttC....although i'm seriously thinking of riding the Southend FNRttC Fixed.
And you did, didn't you.

Nice looking bike there Nigel.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
After 800 miles on a fixie I dusted off my geared bike a couple of days ago and it felt really strange! The pedals didn't seem to work right, I had no idea what gear I was in and my brain wouldn't let me coast. On the plus side I was flying up hills that I wouldn't normally look at - due to huge increase in technique and fitness.

D

Deleted member 1258

After 800 miles on a fixie I dusted off my geared bike a couple of days ago and it felt really strange! The pedals didn't seem to work right, I had no idea what gear I was in and my brain wouldn't let me coast. On the plus side I was flying up hills that I wouldn't normally look at - due to huge increase in technique and fitness.

I put my geared bike away when the clocks change at the end of October and use the fixed till the spring, the first few geared rides are very strange.

Top Bottom