Tomorrow there is a game on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The powers that be in my company have decided that anyone here that want's to watch the game tomorrow can. Either here in the office or elsewhere. (And they are not asking peeps to make the time up) Funny enough, all the employees including one in Scotland has taken up the offer. Bloody skivers :sad::laugh:

perplexed

Guru
Will they let you go out on your bike instead? :sad:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
When West Ham played in the European Cup Winners Cup final in 1976 the firm I worked for let all of us on the 2-10 shift go at six o'clock after (correctly) deciding that if they didn't everyone would have taken the day off sick anyway.

BigSteev

I'm waiting to see what our companies view will be. In an amusing e-mail earlier in the month they announced that they now had a TV licence - presumably they thought this would have allowed them to show the game on the 50" in the boardroom - shame they hadn't thought to have an aerial installed too.

ianrauk said:
The powers that be in my company have decided that anyone here that want's to watch the game tomorrow can. Either here in the office or elsewhere. (And they are not asking peeps to make the time up) Funny enough, all the employees including one in Scotland has taken up the offer. Bloody skivers :biggrin::laugh:
They're not skiving they're passionate Slovenia fans :tongue:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

potsy

Rambler
Our firm has put a big telly in the canteen so anyone who wants to can watch the match,but we have to make the time up on Friday so means instead of working til 7pm it's now an 8.30 finish.
Not sure what to do myself,might just listen to it on the radio:wacko:
Did ask about watching it and having the time 'unpaid' but was knocked back by my football hating supervisor:sad:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Do you know, I LOVE Slovenia. I went there in 2006 and it was a terrifically beautiful place (though not as nice as the Dolomites) so I won't even mind if they win as I have a soft spot for it. The people were BIG drinkers, BTW.

ChrisKH

Guru
No official policy here at work, but I know one of the conference rooms and the biggest TV has been put aside and is not to be used for client meetings. Fortunately (for us, not him) our boss is a Liverpool supporter.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
My factory floor boys took the option of start early finish early.
It's a struggle to get the design office in for 8:30, any earlier would kill them so they're going to listen to the radio. I'm going to listen on the radio too as it's less painful without the visual aspect.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
threebikesmcginty said:
My factory floor boys took the option of start early finish early.

We tried that, were told to f*ck off. They've also had any internet site to do with the football blocked. How miserable. I will be turning a blind eye to the Iphones tomorrow :tongue:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It's actually being played right now.... England are 3-0 up! :biggrin:

I'm lucky enough to only have to 'answer emails' tomorrow, so I can watch it at home :tongue:

Top Bottom