TONIGHT BBC2 8PM Greg Wallace (Mastercheff) Does BROMPTON.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Thanks for the info on the program I shall record tonight's repeat. I had to google the presenter, I've never heard of him.

Sky Plussed it will watch anyhow when i get a chance....who knows i may buy a Brompton afterwards.

snorri

Legendary Member
He was saying today thta when he returns from his honeymoon his wife will be pregnant!. What a crass thing to say. Also hes been married now 4x, which shows that women cant stand him. I bet my bottom dollar that his new wife is only with him for his money because he looks like Captain Mainwaring and has the personality of a slug.
I've set my tv timer, this sounds just too bad to miss:wahhey:..

doginabag

I thought it was quite interesting. Didn't see mine making it's way round the factory though, not good at waiting!

Bill

I found this program by chance...in fact woke up to it being on the tv!...(got medication that makes me tired).... I found the style of presentation CRINGE worthy and embarrising (sp.)! I nearly turned it off several times in fact. The woman sqealed a lot and over acted and her lip stick made her look very dated.....pre-war? The man was acting in a very strange over friendly manner and the various work people treated him as if he was a ...what can i say..... acting in a patronising manner?...a change to a boring day at work? The cycle building was good and the visit to the Brompton factory interesting but I still dont know how the figure of over one thousand pounds was arrived at for a cycle that appeared to be made just like most others! I WONT be looking at any more of this series if what I saw last night was anything to go on.

D

Deleted member 23692

Would have been OK if it was on CBeebies. Switched off after 15 mins.

Kell

Veteran
I'm about halfway through.

I'm finding it interesting because it's about a bike I have, but if I didn't own a Brompton, I probably wouldn't persevere till the end. I think the problem with them presenting it is that it's not a bike afficiando doing it.

Take the Guy Martin tour of the Orange bike factory as an example, it was far more interesting (and looked like the format was copied for the Brompton one) because he's genuinely enthusiastic and his energy comes through, which in turn makes it infinitely more watchable.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlIYEdRFQu4

AlanW

Guru
I loved the bit about marginal gains in how to go faster, such as blowing the tyres up that were nearly flat anyway, removing the basket and carrier of the front and the also kiddy seat from the rear and you will go faster.....no sh*t Sherlock!

Hardly "marginal" though??

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Goodness, he does put people's hackles up.

I thought he was a bit of a tit, the kind you get on telly all the time, and the program was mildly diverting.

But I've never seen Masterchef, so he was new to me. Perhaps some people have been getting some practice in at hating him. The only episode of Masterchef I've seen is Vic and Bob's ...

Kell

Veteran

I thought he was a bit of a tit, the kind you get on telly all the time, and the program was mildly diverting.

But I've never seen Masterchef, so he was new to me. Perhaps some people have been getting some practice in at hating him. The only episode of Masterchef I've seen is Vic and Bob's ...

It's a shoe, it's a cake, it's a cakey-shoe.

Tim Hall

He was on Radio 4 a few years back, in the incredibly annoying and off-switch inducing "Veg Talk" with some other equally annoying bloke.

Top Bottom