Tonight I weighed my touring kit and panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It was twenty pounds lighter than the weight that I have lost this year since joining Slimming World. It should be a much more relaxed ride on this years' tour along the Danube. :thumbsup:

It was much easier and cheaper to shed personal weight than be a weight weenie and trim ounces of individual items in the pursuit of lightweight touring.

john xyz

and the pack weight?

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Hes lost just under 60 lbs at slimming world, his touring kit weighs 40 lbs, so even with his bike fully laden on tour hes still 20 lbs lighter than he used to be without luggage.. i think :smile:

Vernon, are you noticing a big difference being 60 lbs lighter in a relatively short space of time?

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Hes lost just under 60 lbs at slimming world, his touring kit weighs 40 lbs, so even with his bike fully laden on tour hes still 20 lbs lighter than he used to be without luggage.. i think :smile:

Vernon, are you noticing a big difference being 60 lbs lighter in a relatively short space of time?

Oh yes indeed. I uswed to do 100km Audaxes in 6-7 hours. My fastest this year was knocked off in 4hr 40min official time but is started 15min late so it was really 4 hr 25min.

I've not been beaten by any hill this year.

john xyz

Touring kit weighs 40lbs - thats what i was after - ta! Putting mine together slowly, was wonderingf what others weigh...

Top Bottom