Tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm happy with it - seems really fine - he's not some lycra clad race cyclist - the guys got hi viz on and is 'just riding his bike' - you don't come over as anything other than a fella on a bike........... well done.

killiekosmos

Veteran
STV did a reasonable job of balanced reporting.

If I were Magnatom (who looks nothing like his avitar :-)) I'd be careful for a while ( and don't mean about mad bus and taxi drivers). The media loves to set people up for a fall (John Smeaton as a recent example) so watch they don't start following you or talking to workmates and neighbours to get some 'dirt'.

domtyler

Über Member
Seemed like a good enough report to me, you can't really blame them for latching on to the term "vigilante" in order to increase the drama.

Have to say that the good Doctor has a face more suited to radio than TV though.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I see there's a ToS violation removal of your bullied off the road by a bus video, and that it's gone from youtube now. I'm not sure what I think of that, though I can't blame youtube for avoiding any controversy and removing it rightly or wrongly.

I just caught the end credits earlier and saw 'vigilante cyclist' and I thought, 'is that......Nah! can't be'. Then I saw this and realized it was.

T'wasn't a bad report: They picked the best muppet moments from your clips and you came over pretty well.

You're braver than me Magnatom, especially given the circumstances. I'd now be changing my bike, jacket, helmet and route ;)

I'm still not sure that overall cameras are a positive thing, nor am I comfortable with the thought of another surveillance device in peoples lives. Some more mulling to be done.

carlpie

Kudos to you Magnatom, and use whatever technology you can lay your hands on. Anybody's life (cyclist or non) is worth than somebody getting to work two minutes earlier.

Tony

And support from here. As a non-helmet wearer, and someone who has been slapped by a car passenger at speed, where could I mount a cam?

I missed the news report but saw the link above I thought you came across well Magnatom, are BBC doing something also? I didn't like the word Vigilante which the media use, creates the wrong image in my head. I like WVM's attitude, let the bloke do what he likes.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Expect some crap on this site folks, cos the 'username' pops up 12th on a google search and points to here, so brace yourselves for a few trolls !!!

Ah well - well done dude.....

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Thanks guys for the comments. I was cycling home when it was on, but I have just saw it online. Seems reasonable I suppose. I will have to look at it a few times before I can say any more.

Just annoyed that my helmet was wonky! They wanted the camera on my helmet (not where it normally is) so they taped it on. I also usually have a strap and glasses underneath it so the strap was a bit loose and I didn't have time to tighten it. So the camera appears to have dragged it down a little!

Hey ho.

Police have been very helpful, and they are currently investigating. In fact one of them was a cycle trained officer and was very supportive. He said that having police stamped on his back does not stop the close shaves. He just has the advantage of a radio where he can get the driver stopped by a marked car further down the road.

Mike, yes the video was removed because one chap on bloodbus, who claims to be the driver in it complained. His story has lots of holes in it, and he cannot tell me the date that the incident happened (depsite apparently being disciplined recently!) I will look into what I can do.

Anyway I'm off for a well deserved glass of wine!

I thought you got your point across really well Magnatom and the report seemed to be sympathetic towards you and your reasons for having the helmetcam. Unfortunately as previous posters have said you are now in the public domain and have to expect both the positive and negative aspects that this will bring. Anyway best of luck to you

Top Bottom